Sylvester Spicer....

ORUTerry

I mentioned this in a previous post - hidden in the midst of several observations - but thought I would start a thread to see what others think. Sylvester Spicer dressed out last night and warmed up with the team - but did not play. Does that mean that the coaches are contemplating him coming out of red-shirt status? With Vealy and Ogunoye, as well as Ehambe and even Meloy when he heals up, do we really have room for him. Wonder what is up?

In a recent discussion of redshirts, ORUBlue indicated that he thought just suiting out was enough to lose redshirt status. So Spicer may be out of redshirt at this point.

I wondered if maybe Ehambe coming out motivated him to rethink his status and do the same. Guess we won't know until someone inside gives us the lowdown.

Yeah, I'd imagine that if Moses encouraged him, the convo would've gone something like this -

SPICER - "Hey Moses, what's it like playing with the big guys?"

MOSES - "It's alright. Heck, I'm averaging about 2 minutes a game. You know, you might wanna think about getting out of that red shirt deal. They might even let you play when we're up 30 against Centenary!"

SPICER - "Wow!"

Seriously, I think it would be a bad decision on anyone's part to come out of redshirt status at this point.

I seriously doubt that having warmups on versus street clothes would change a player's red-shirt status. But then again, the NCAA (and its rules) are not necessarily logical.

Wearing warmups is just that, wearing warmups. Being listed on the roster is another story. Was he on the roster?

At Missouri State we had a player that redshirted last year and suited up every game and even did pre game warm ups with the team. So I dont think it matters.