Interaction between ORU bench and NDSU students

tmh8286

Around here, the group of people that stand with me at the games have become famous with some of the refs because we know them by name. You get some interesting responses when you use there name during the game. :-D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ron

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

Top Posters In This Topic

Around here, the group of people that stand with me at the games have become famous with some of the refs because we know them by name. You get some interesting responses when you use there name during the game. :-D

Can't say as we're surprised you guys are on a first-name basis - our men's and women's teams saw quite a few unfamiliar faces officiating their games in the Dakotas.

We just assumed they were selected from campus employees, graduates, or local fans...  :wink:

Can't say as we're surprised you guys are on a first-name basis - our men's and women's teams saw quite a few unfamiliar faces officiating their games in the Dakotas.

We just assumed they were selected from campus employees, graduates, or local fans...  :wink:

It kinda gets old fast, but when your as far north as we are, you're lucky to get what you can. The good thing is I don't recall seeing many of these refs when we were a division 2 program.

I was in the front row right,  behind Sutton when this interaction was taking place.  It was NOTHING.  Anyone who thought this was a big deal has never been to a Big 10 game.  NDSU, their staff, and fans were a class act.  This was a great basketball atmosphere.  Don't make an issue of 1 fan who was immediately put in check by NDSU staff.  Sutton handled it extremely well. His assistant, Phipps, did not.  Sutton and the fan were at a point where they were more or less, joking with each other when Phipps spoke out in an immature manner.  NOW THAT lit up the NDSU student fans.  I was very impressed with Sutton's handling of the situation.  His assistant was another matter. Outside of Phipps response, this was a total non issue.  GO EAGLES!!!