ORU Athletic Department Story

ORUTerry

Guest Rob Marshall

Terry, do you know where to find a "game script" from last night? I would like to read the script from the final four or five minutes of the game.

I want to read about what my memory tells me was THE critical momentum swing late in the game (with around five minutes left) ...

From my memory, ORU was up three with the ball coming out of a timeout. If we score on that possession out of the timeout we continue to be "in control" of the game. Michalec throws the ball away trying to force it his pass too quickly inside to Green; the pass was rushed and thrown to low and hard for Green to catch. OU comes down and Everett nails a three over Bluitt as the shot clock expires to tie the game up. We come back down, again attempt to run the same set, this time Green catches the pass but it called for an offensive foul and once again the play results in a turnover and no FG attempt.

Here is the link to the ORU web site where the stats are kept. Click on the box score for the game under Game Results and scroll down for the play-by-play. They have not posted the Oklahoma game yet, but it should be up sometime today.

http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/stats/bkc/0506/teamstat.htm

No problem.... what I was trying to communicate to you across the arena was that ORU had finally put together two good halves - except for the last three minutes of the game.