Still not ranked in BA poll

ORUTex

The new (Feb 25) Baseball America poll is out, and we're still not in it.  I guess the good news is that Lou-La, despite going 2-2, is still at #25.  Not sure why they wouldn't put us there instead.  BA always seems to be the slowest moving poll, though.

Poll: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/top-25/2008/265651.html.

I was a little surprised not to get into the poll.

However, ORU, historically speaking, is a slow starter.

I remember getting swept in Florida the year we won 50 and battled it out with the longhorn in Austin or the year we almost had a negative record  and went on to the super regionals.

If we had just managed to complete the comeback against Arizona last year we could faced New Orleans.....et cetera.....

If ORU gets things going strong early.....we could have a very special year.....

Rankings will come very quickly if Rob already has things figured out a bit....

The rankings will come in due time if we keep winning.  For now, it's a blessing in disguise, as we're better off keeping the boys "hungry", rather than having them think that they're better than they really are.  Rankings are a nice recognition, but I'd much rather be ranked high at the END of the season than right now.

The rankings will come in due time if we keep winning.  For now, it's a blessing in disguise, as we're better off keeping the boys "hungry", rather than having them think that they're better than they really are.  Rankings are a nice recognition, but I'd much rather be ranked high at the END of the season than right now.

I think that you're right, JB.  Although I would love for us to be ranked (and I'm sure that we're on some people's radars), it's good to keep the team humble and focused in anticipation of this weekend's series.  We will get our due recognition if we continue to take care of business.  It would be nice to be 7-0 at the end of this weekend.

Someone help me with this.  If we knock of a #19 team, jump to a 4-0 start, and on a neutral site, should that not have gotten the pollster's attention, and at least crack the top 25?

Big ORU Fan in SC.

Someone help me with this.  If we knock of a #19 team, jump to a 4-0 start, and on a neutral site, should that not have gotten the pollster's attention, and at least crack the top 25?

Big ORU Fan in SC.

You would think so, but none of us have a vote!  :-D

Wait until we beat Baylor next month - then we'll get some love from the voters.  :-o

Big ORU Fan in SC.

No joke - OSU sweeps unranked Gonzaga four straight in Stillwater, and gets ranked.

We sweep four different teams, including a ranked one, on the road, and get nothing...  :x