ORU vs. Texas Tech

ORUTex

The best part of the rally is that the Eagles had two outs, then loaded the bases, forced in a run on a walk before Petralli hit the 2-run single.  It shows the character of a scrappy team.

Good guys win!!  Good guys win!!  7 - 6!!

Reneau pitches 5 innings of shutout ball after giving up 2 ER in yesterday's game!  Great job by Reneau and by Rob Walton for putting the rider back in the saddle after getting bucked off!!

The best part of the rally is that the Eagles had two outs, then loaded the bases, forced in a run on a walk before Petralli hit the 2-run single.  It shows the character of a scrappy team.

It also shows that we have a lot of offense to go with the pitching!! 

I would expect to see us show up in a lot of baseball polls this week with a 4-0 start against some heady competition.  This could be the beginning of a very special season!  Get your tickets and plan to show up for our home series against NCAA-participant LeMoyne this weekend!!

Way to go Big Blue!

A sweep in baseball this weekend helps to dull the pain from yesterday's heartbreak in the Mabee Center. 

Bonus I hope you are correct that the Eagles will jump in the rankings.

Interesting, however, that the Eagles sweep the weekend without the benefit of a home run (while opponents hit 3), and the ORU defense committed nine errors compared to eight for the opposition.  Obviously, solid pitching and timely hitting guided the team to four wins.  With a little more playing time and the return of some injured players, this team could be very special!

Great observations, Blue!  The fact that we came from behind during the La-La and TTU games shows that the team has a lot of confidence in themselves and their abilities.  It would be easy to give up on the team so early, but that would set a precendent for the rest of the season.  Reneau coming back from a poor outing on Saturday and pitching 5 innings of shutout ball today really says something about his character.  Personally, I was ready to think that Reneau was going to be another no-show like he was last year, but Rob has a knack for seeing, motivating and working his guys into situations that they can be successful in.  Looking forward to a fun next three months.

Looking forward to a fun next three months.

Sorry to correct you my friend, but let's make that the next FOUR months - the College World Series in Omaha ends four months from today! :-D

Anybody got an idea of what our conference pitching rotation will become as we move into the season.

I can't believe that Minnisale will be more than a spot inning eater as the season moves along.  Do

we have so injuries on the pitchin staff at this point?