Two Down...

Golden Boy

Creighton's next...

Unfortunately, I think our team (players maybe more so than the coaches) have been thinking a lot like me (and maybe a few others here and around the program) during the last several days, with 100% of our thoughts on Saturday's bracket buster game on ESPN2 vs. Creighton rather than on mid-week league games against lower division teams that we had already taken care of on the road.  Good news, we've bounced back from our only league loss last Saturday to win two in a row this week while obviously not bringing our A game.

I'm not too concerned about the margins of victory from our games this week.  We won, and frankly that's all that mattered (by 1 or 31 a win's a win).  The ultimate outcome of either of the games this week was never in question, and I know we all want to beat down the SUU's and UMKC's by 30+ points at home but it really doesn't matter.  What matters is we won, we're 15-1 in the league and locked up another 20 win season with three regular season games and three Summit League tournament games still to play!

It's now all about our four seniors starting with Saturday's game...Liberty running the show and controlling the flow of the game at the point, Ogunoye playing his standard lock down 'D,' King ruling the paint (blocking shots, grabbing every defensive board possible, and scoring points in the paint), and Ehambe making shots.  What everyone else (Jarvis, Lewis, etc.) produces is just gravy.  It's time for the seniors to lead us on into a fun run well into March Madness!  And I'm confident that these guys are solid enough to get it done too!  8-)