Some Numbers from Tonight's Loss ...

Guest Rob Marshall

Guest Rob Marshall

(1) 23 to 4 ... that was the scoring difference in the critical "points off turnovers" category ... advantage Oklahoma.

(2) 15 ... that was the number of OFFENSIVE rebounds for the Sooners.

(3) 11 to 1 ... that was the difference in steals (note: see #1 above) ... advantage Oklahoma.

(4) 17 ... that's how many points the Sooners "point guard" (Everett) dropped on us in the second half; Bluitt looked about 5'2" as Everett effortlessly rose above JB stroking a critical three point FG with right at four minutes left in regulation and the shot clock nearly expired.

(5) 30.6 ... that is exactly how many seconds Moses played tonight; sure glad we knee jerked a couple of weeks back and decided ME should no longer redshirt given that he was going to be counted on for such quality PT like that.

To shoot it as well as we did tonight on the road and lose is sickening. Sorry if my frustration is offensive to anyone, but there are few good excuses why we lost tonight given our FG%. Well regardless, I'm sure the coaches and players felt worse on their drive home tonight than I did on mine.

Personally, other than sitting behind the blimp in the nose bleed section I enjoyed the game until the last 2 minutes.

I think when I watch the tape I'll just turn it off at that point.

Guest Rob Marshall

Mom, seriously here, since you have tape of the game, will you please check/verify another "number" for me? I wish I had recorded the game but I did not so I've only got my memory to go by here and I was too into the flow of the game to have paid close enough attention to know the following but I'm seriously interested if you or someone else taped the game and can watch the final five minutes and let me know the answers to my questions ...

(1) How many FG attempts did our half-court offense produce in the final four or five minutes of the second half?

(2) How many times did we attempt basically the same set ... get Michalec the ball on the wing where he attempts an entry pass to Green in the low post ... and how many times did turn into points vs. how many times did it turn into a turnover? Reminder, OFFENSIVE FOULS are turnovers.

(3) How many "touches" (and shots) did Ken Tutt have in the final five minutes of the game?

I KNOW OU turned up their defense in the final five minutes of the game, but I'm just curious how much it truly affected what we wanted to do and what we ultimately did from an offensive execution standpoint in crunch time.