Baseball Season Begins!!

Bogus Smith

Friday starts the D-1 College Baseball season!!  Double header for ORU to start off the season - Army in the afternoon; UTSA in the nightcap.  It shows that Live Stats are available, but nothing regarding audio - radio or internet - which leads me to believe that we're "blacked out" this series.

The Game Notes show that Kelly Minnisale is the starting pitcher on Sunday against Texas Tech.  Didn't even know that Kelly was pitching material.  That will be worth watching the results.  Rob always has a way of developing pitchers.  He must see something in Kelly.

The Game Notes show that Kelly Minnisale is the starting pitcher on Sunday against Texas Tech.  Didn't even know that Kelly was pitching material.  That will be worth watching the results.  Rob always has a way of developing pitchers.  He must see something in Kelly.

I could be wrong, but when Kelly was signed out of high school there was some talk of his potential to be a two-way guy (pitch and OF).  He's thrown mop up duty in Mid-Con games from time to time.  I even think he pitched in the Mid-Con Tournament as a sophomore.

I could be wrong, but when Kelly was signed out of high school there was some talk of his potential to be a two-way guy (pitch and OF).  He's thrown mop up duty in Mid-Con games from time to time.  I even think he pitched in the Mid-Con Tournament as a sophomore.

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the mound this season.  Kelly is one of my favorite players on the team.