Hey Voice!

Gold*

Where am I going for grub in Memphis? Seems like you would be a good source. :wink:

I'm already headed to Rendezvous (s/p)... where else do I have to go while I'm there? Is it true that the bars close at 5 am on Beale Street?

One idea that was tossed around was staying at the bars till 5 am, then going for ribs, and then tailgating. Is there a 5 am rib joint?

Gold* - I'm not meaning to answer for voice, but I think he's in Memphis already - he was going to visit family, I believe - and hasn't been on the board in over a week. So you MAY not get the info from him you're seeking before your trip.

Now watch voice prove me wrong :D !

Yeah, I'm probably wrong. I'm pretty sure he told me he was going to Memphis for Christmas, and was planning on being there for the Tulsa football game.

Actually, I was in Seattle for the past week. Went to the Seahawks-Colts game and the Sonics-Mavs game. Both were a BLAST! I got a picture of my kids with Mark Cuban after the game at Key Arena. Really cordial guy. Shook my hand, thanked me for coming, even greeted my 2 kids pleasantly when I snapped the pic. Although, my 12 year old daughter asked me..."why are we taking a picture with this guy?"

I'm leaving for Memphis tomorrow (Thursday, hopefully by early afternoon).

Yes, the clubs on Beale are open late Gold. I thought it was 4am, but 5am may be right. Rendezvous is good, but I like Blues City Cafe on Beale St. (directly across from BB King's) the best. Also, Corky's is better than R'vous, IMO. I usually go to the Corky's in East Memphis (on Poplar) for old times sake. It's right around the corner from where I went to high school.

I am also taking my TU travelling companion to the Memphis-Purdue b-ball game at the Fed-Ex Forum friday night. REALLY pumped about that! Look forward to seeing Bas and others this weekend!