Tonight's Coaches' Show

tmh8286

I tuned in late - about 6:30 - so I didn't hear the first part of the show. When I tuned in Rob Walton was just finishing up. I did catch Scott Sutton's part of the show; he sounded like he was on a cell phone, but they didn't say why. Jeff Haxton (I think that's his name) did the show tonight, and did a real nice job.

The connection was very poor, and I had a hard time hearing Sutton, but here are the things I heard him say:

He said that he felt that the Utah State game ended with a bad call, but those things happen on the road.

We are the healthiest we've been in a while. JB has been practicing this week, as has Chris Riouse. He said that Maloy was fitted with a knee brace today, but won't be able to practice for another week or two.

He said that being short handed makes practice more difficult.

He also said that he's looking forward to playing OU tomorrow night. It will be a challenging game - while Scott felt that our big men were shooting pretty well, with Caleb at 51% and Mickey at 46%, the OU big men are shooting even better averaging over 60% I believe. So we'll have our hands full.

That's about all I was able to hear from Coach Sutton. He was followed by Scott Higgins talking about the Diamond Dinner. He didn't mention the discussion on the board regarding the Sunday night scheduling, but other than that, Scott's broadcasting experience comes through loud and clear. He's the consummate professional. He talked about the fact that the Tulsa World is one of the primary sponsors of the Diamond Dinner, and that Goose Gossage will be the guest speaker. He said that he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and that Gossage suggested doing an autograph session to let him interact with the kids and fans that will be there. Sounds like a class act.

Coach Sutton was on a cell phone. The team & coaches are already in Norman, have been to the arena and are headed out to eat.