ORU women defeat Oakland

HoneyBear

After looking dead in the water in the first half and trailing 46-36 at the half, ORU stifles Oakland in the second half, pulling off the 73-66 win.  Oakland had a complete meltdown (mostly traveling violations) near the end, blew a 64-63 lead, and was outscored (obviously) 10-2 when it mattered most, with Watman knocking down four foul shots to cap it off.

Wow!  That's incredible!  I listened to the end of the first half (had a game for my son, or I would have been at Mabee),but our reception was poor and it wasn't sounding like the ladies had much of a chance, so I didn't listen to the second half!    I can't believe I missed the end of a GREAT GAME!!

Congratulations to Jerry and the team for a tremendous come from behind effort tonight.  I regret more than ever not being able to be there.

So, in spite of the fact that things got a little dicey for the women mid-season, at this point ORU is only half a game out of second place, behind Western Illinois, with six games to go.  Here's how those shape up:

at  IUPUI 

at  Western Ill.   

UMKC 

Southern Utah 

at  North Dakota St     

at  South Dakota St 

With two of our road games coming against the teams that are ahead of us, it makes it tougher for us to get ahead of them, but anything is possible!  It's looking like we will be duking it out the rest of the season for that second place spot.