12-0, 17-5

ORU-sisko

Wow, I remember sitting on my porch with a few friends after work one hot night last summer and we were talking sports, eating chicken, et cetera.  I remember saying that I thought this next team would be special but I had no idea.  17-5 is an INCREDIBLE accomplishment for this team who supposedly lost its core talent and usually I am pretty worried about the "replace by committee" idea, but these guys have really made me proud as an alumni.  We (eagle nation) have had a tough year with all the publicity about the lawsuit and things related and it has been a tough storm to weather, but you can see God's grace with us even in something as "non-spiritual" as recruiting, basketball, and donations. 

With a few STUD recruits on the way in, the new leadership in place at the university, and other things (70 millions other things) its feeling as good as ever to be a titan/eagle.

I really can't say enough about how awesome this team has been and how they have given us something to cheer for when it felt like the world was closing in on the university.

We have a tough trip ahead of us to W. Illinois and the Jags but i am as confident as ever and really believe I'll still be cheering my eagles on as the month of march progresses through.

Big ups to Scott and Co for finding a way, which is the spirit of ORU.

Freaking Amazing....

It's a great time to be a Golden Eagle fan!  What I keep thinking about our record is how few times we've had to endure the pain, upset and frustration of losing!  Even of the times we HAVE lost, all but a couple of those you could call "expected" losses.  That's not to say we weren't hoping that we'd pick up a win in one or more of those situations, but when you lose, for instance, to #10 ranked Texas, but play them close, you don't come away from that game feeling bad.  This season we've only had losses where we might experienced those feelings twice, and one came early enough in the season that we didn't even realize how BAD OF A LOSS it was :-D!  So even that one didn't hurt as much as it would if it came now.  Probably the only loss that I could say was really a disappointment to me was the Utah State loss - or at least the performance.  Losing at the Spectrum isn't a bad deal - losing there the way we did WAS!

We are having a wonderful season from a fan's perspective.  We've got a team that is fun and exciting to watch, players that are easy to love, and a coaching staff that is arguably better than any in the region. 

Add ALL OF THAT to the positive changes taking place on campus, and we've got A LOT to be thankful for!

I've never been more wrong (can you say that - "more wrong"?) about a team in the preseason in my life.

I just didn't realize how good this team's defense would be - right down to the 8th man in the rotation.

And, I never dreamed we would get, on average, 10 points or better a game out of five players on the team (Robert, Marcus, Adam, Moses, Shawn).

I don't know how many times I've been watching this team this year, and feeling really good about the five we have on the floor, and then having the horn blow and seeing two guys like Shawn and Yemi, or Robert and Marchello, checking in, and me thinking, "Wow, we were doing great with that five, and now we're bringing in two more fresh horses that can also play - cool!"

I'm not sure I felt that way in past years when we went to our bench.

Now, I'm wondering how we're going to replace four senior starters and their 30+ points a game next year!

Early prediction of the starting five for '08'-'09:  Jarvis, Sango, Lewis, Vealy, and either Hardy or Allen in the fifth spot, with the other coming off the bench along with Stokes, Dunn, Morrison and Farrington.  I would put my money on the starter being Allen, because as we've seen this year, seniors start at ORU, but he may be next year's version of Moses Ehambe, checking back out at the first timeout of each half for whoever the flavor de jour is at that time (I'm putting my money on that guy being Morrison).

. . . because as we've seen this year, seniors start at ORU . . .

I've been arguing the point that Scott is going to start his seniors for YEARS - now, finally, someone with some CREDIBILITY is saying it, too :wink:!