Who will show up?

ORUIsbig

I am curious to see who will show up at the game Wed. Not as in fans but as in teams

will the poor shooting OU or ORU, or will the guards show up?

Will the ORU defencive team that played TU show up?

Will the enthusiasm that characterised ORU in the Tulsa and USC game show up?

Will a sluggish, christmas break team come in flat?

Will the teams put together two halves of ball?

1. I think OU will bring it. they have the taste of the WV loss in thier mouths.

2. I am not sure how they practiced during the break. But i think ORU will be flat. that is just my feeling.

3. I think caleb will get his game up for this game. I think Tutt will show up as well. Will it be enough? I think meloy or rouse will need to have decent points to keep d-fence from locking on the two.

4. Jb needs to have the game of his life. No more shooting 9 shots. dish the ball.If others are making thier shots he wont need to.

5. Can we limit the fouls called on Mickey and caleb? Playing against Bookout and Grey can draw alot of fouls. Good news is neither is a great ft shooter.

6. Larry must be aggressive and match the athleticism of OU. There needs to be some intensity and fast breaks. He's all we got.

7. Are they prepared to get homered all day? If they expect it, well get through.

OK, there is my uneducated oppinion. Whats yours?

Danny:

Meloy is still out with the injury so he won't be a part of the game plan. Let's hope Riouse and JB are back to 100%.

Great takes, Isbig. I agree with most that you say. Regarding JB, I don't mind us having a SCORING PG; but I DON'T want a PG that jacks up miss after miss. If he's hitting, then let him shoot - nine or nineteen shots. But if he's missing, man he better pass the rock.

I'm sure you're referring to his low shooting percentage in the MSU game, and in that case I agree 100%. But Last season JB was a pretty decent scorer. If he was to duplicate his scoring potential from last season, I say let him shoot. We really need BOTH one and two guards to be hitting from outside to open things up under the basket. At the same time, Caleb needs to be getting plenty of touches. I guess it's a balancing act.

I'm expecting us to get homered big time by officials. If the game is at all close, officiating takes it out of our hands. Sad but true. Happens all the time, and not just to ORU. Just about every road team deals with it.

JB needs to run the floor, pass the rock, set up the offense, and make his FTs when he penetrates and gets fouled. If I sit in my living room tonight listening to the game only to find out that he's throwing up the same $^&!@# that he has been all season, I might have to turn off my broadcast in order to remain sane. He, more than any other player, has frustrated me to no end this year. You're a senior JB - know your role and thrive in it. You're 5'7" (not 5'9") and there are several things you can do that are great for the team, but quit acting like you can take over the game.

OK - done venting.

Will be listening to every second of the game tonight and am just crossing my fingers that we can keep it within 10 points.

Oklahoma can be a very streaky shooting team.... let's hope that they have trouble hitting from the perimeter Wednesday evening. One of the keys will be who wins the battle in the blocks: Gray & Bookout versus Green & Michalec. A lot will be determined on how the refs call the game; will they let them bang or call a tight game? ORU will need to determine how the refs are calling the game and play accordingly.

Our guards have to play smart and take good shots. Their perimeter players are taller than ours which causes all kinds of matchup problems.

If the refs allow the big men to bang under the boards, when OU bangs us we've GOT TO bang back. MSU just manhandled us under the boards. If the refs are going to allow it, our guys have to be more physical.

I think a tightly called game may favor us a bit because we're more accustomed to that style of officiating.

Okla. is huge and it will be very hard to stay out of foul trouble up at their place. Probably the most physical team ORU will play this year. Cannot turn the ball over and guards need to help on the boards. Wish i could be there but my buddy can't go. Will definetly be at the conference tourney. Good luck tonight.

Honestly, I think this game will turn out a lot like it did at Maryland last year. We'll start off decently, then end up losing by about 15 or so. I'm hoping for better of course, but we need a strong performance from EVERYONE to pull off the W here.