Student Section

ORUIsbig

I went to ESPN college bb page and they had a great picture of IU at IU (illinois).  The ILL fans were less than 8 feet from the players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index

I know we talked about where to move the students.  Why couldnt the student section be moved to the endzone areas where the cheer staff and Sports staff hang out.  Put some chairs down there and get those students right in peoples faces. 

TU- fans are that close

My seats at th Umac are that close

Other programs are that close. 

To me that is just wasted space for cops and half time participants to hang out in. 

Plus, on the replay last night. The maniacs aren't even in the picture when there is video unless someone goes down there.

I don't think that'll ever happen with so much traffic between Eli, the Cheerleaders, promotions, etc...but its a good idea...at UT in Austin the students have foldout chairs right behind the basket and its pretty effective for creating noise.

By the way, Illinois fans get pretty ruffled when you call them IU...they're the U of I...Indiana is IU.  :-)