Looks like Glory Road will be a good movie to see

ORUProf

I've only seen the ads, but it looks good. I'm wary of sports movies any more - I was disappointed in "Miracle", about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. They watered down the Cold War tensions of that historic match to the point that younger audiences would only see it as a David and Goliath type deal, and it was so much more than that.

Hopefully "Glory Road" will be as good as advertised.

Remember the Titan is one of my all time favorites. If this is anywhere near that quality it will be in the family film library. Thank you for adding the link to the trailer, it looks really good.

I've only seen the ads, but it looks good. I'm wary of sports movies any more - I was disappointed in "Miracle", about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team. They watered down the Cold War tensions of that historic match to the point that younger audiences would only see it as a David and Goliath type deal, and it was so much more than that.

Hopefully "Glory Road" will be as good as advertised.

Wasn't the recent "Miracle" actually the 2nd movie that has been made about the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team?

Inquiring minds want to know....

I wasn't aware of another, although there may have been. I was VERY excited about seeing "Miracle" when it came out, because that game originally came at a very memorable time in my life, and the U.S. win made everything seem right in the world.

The movie just didn't portray that excitement.

But I can also think of several truly great sports movies, to that one that was slightly disappointing. A few of my favorites: Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!, Remember the Titans, Radio, Hoosiers.

Any other favorite sports movies? Or ones that you didn't like?