USC win looking better and better

tmh8286

For the first time ever, USC beats #17 UNC tonight by 15. Score 74-79.

Apparently UNC played poorly all evening.

In keeping with the spreading trend, USC, the home team, dressed out in DEEP YELLOW jerseys. I've noticed in MANY games this season that it's difficult to determine the home team based on jersey color. The old standard of the home team wearing light or white jerseys seems out the window. What's up with that?

One word - Lakers. They rarely use their white uni's at home (which IMO makes it all the more sweet when they do). I remember the all-star game a few years back, players wore the jerseys of their team. The West was home, and Kobe and Shaq looked out of place with their yellow jerseys.

I kind of have mixed feelings about it - I like the TRADITION of the home team wearing light uniforms, but it does look cool seeing both teams in deeper colors. In last night's game, it was deep yellow and the medium blue road uni's of NC. Both were really nice colors.

I first started noticing the dark home jerseys with a Louisville Cardinals game, where they wore bright red at home. Since then I've noticed several other teams doing the same. Although they're not that dark, I've been wondering if the reason we got the vegas gold jerseys this year was to be part of the trend.

Lousiville played College of Charleston last night, and were in standard white, with red numbers. So I guess the dark home uniforms are for special games.

As with so many other things, maybe the college teams are taking their lead from the pros. Kobe and Shaq, indeed!

But how about the WIN last night? Maybe Tim Floyd is going to get USC back in shape after all.

Guest EagleBackr

...hate to break up the fashion talk, but I watched the entire game and here's what I saw: USC's little freshman point guard stole the show. Now let's see - when we played them, he was totally ineffective. Hmmm - someone on our team MUST have guarded him; I wonder who it was? Couldn't have been LSG or Earl - they've both graduated. Could it have been someone on our current roster? Someone who plays point guard? Seems like we used to have someone at that position earlier this season, but his name escapes me now. Oh, well - doesn't really matter. It's not like we're missing anyone at that spot right now...

Besides, what's wrong with talking a little basketball fashion? You wanted to talk National Anthem etiquette a while back.

Backr, i don't think that means anything. UNC's point guard is very young and inexperienced. Ours prepped out of high school and is a senior. Besides, I think we saw a different USC team on television last night than we played in Alaska. They have really gotten better.