TV Information on Future Road Games

ORUTerry

Just received this from the ORU Athletic Department concerning TV broadcasts of ORU men's games:

ORU at UMKC game on in Tulsa live on Cox 3.

ORU at Southern Utah game on in Tulsa live on KGEB - 53/23.

Keeping the TV station is going to be a big help - now that it will be run professionally. It will not only help our athletic department, but there are all kinds of other uses (distance learning, etc).

Thats what i'm talking about. I have been screaming for years that ORU should be on KGEB. It could be our greatest recuriting tool, but theyve been so busy showing the birds nest on Make your day count for the 3rd time each day!  

Finally they use that station for something that helps people.

3 cheers for the new era at ORU!!!

And for those of us who don't have the dates memorized...  :wink:

at UMKC is Thur, Jan 24

at So Utah is Sat, Jan 26

Thanks for the dates.  BTW, Jan. 24 is OR's b-day. 

Hope its a good year for b-ball for our 90-year old chancellor.

Keeping the TV station is going to be a big help - now that it will be run professionally. It will not only help our athletic department, but there are all kinds of other uses (distance learning, etc).

I watched the game on tape delay last night.

It's so great to be able to get the ORU baskebtall games.

I hope this will become a regular programming event.

If anyone at the campus or station knows people involved with the programming, let them know that alumni like myself really appreciate this. 

I've told other ORU alumni friends about the games on KGEB. 

Cletus, where are you located?  The KGEB site only lists where the channel can be viewed in the state: http://www.kgeb.net/cable.html

I'd really like to know if you picked it up off of satellite.  Let us know... please.

Mike, I'm just 15 miles northeast of Pittsburgh PA. 

I got the game on the internet, KGEB web page. 

I watched the South Dakota State game this year, too.

Uh, Oh. Watching games live through the KGEB website could be an infringement on our SummitTV contract. Tape delays are probably ok though.

Thanks Cletus.

I hope that ORU turns KGEB into something useful.  Northern Arizona, BYU and a couple other schools have their stations on Dish Network.  We could really use that for our athletic programs if we had that available.  The station would have an odd channel like 9823 or similar, but it would allow us to have nationally televised games at an affordable price.  ORU is unique with having so many out of town alumni compared to in state.  SummiTv and ELIve are good attempts at doing something the out of town fan, but a casual basketball or baseball fan could run across the game on Dish Network.  Almost every week I do a search for College Basketball on my Dish Network, and it pulls up every game for the week.  It would do a lot for us if we were in that mix regularly.  It would also be a great recruiting tool.  There has to be something to it if other schools are doing it, and even a conference now (Big Ten).

Uh, Oh. Watching games live through the KGEB website could be an infringement on our SummitTV contract. Tape delays are probably ok though.

I don't know if it's an infringement but the picture on KGEB is a lot clearer!

Thanks Cletus.

I hope that ORU turns KGEB into something useful.   

It would also be a great recruiting tool. 

There has to be something to it if other schools are doing it, and even a conference now (Big Ten).

I know that the Big Ten has their basketball games on tv around here. 

I'd rather watch ORU than Penn State. 

ORU has better basketball, I feel.

I don't know if it's an infringement but the picture on KGEB is a lot clearer!

And I might add, more reliable!  No tech support needed.

Now, if we can only get the basketball games on the watchable archives list.  I can only watch the Richard Roberts show 6 or 7 times before getting sick of it.

DVD packages!

ORU GOLDEN EAGLES CLASSICAL GAMES <--------that's what we need

Also if you do a search on iTunes, many schools have their own iTunes page.

On those pages you can listen to a class you might have missed, a chapel service, watch a basketball game. KGEB could sell the basketball games for $1.99 a piece...it would be beautiful