For those interested in keeping track of RPI for the women's team . . .

tmh8286

. . . here's a link to RealTimeRPI's Summit League's women's page.  Currently ORU has an RPI of 134 (2-0 in conference), ranking them third in the Summit behind Oakland (85 and 2-0 in conference) and SDSU (125 and 1-1 in conference):

Summit Women's RPI Ranking

Oakland seems to be really good this year.  Their only 3 losses were to teams ranked in the top 25 and they beat #21 Florida State 85-75 in Rochester.

This was pretty sad:

ROCHESTER, Mich. - Freshman Brittany Carnago made the most of her first career start, picking up a career-high 21 points to lead the Oakland University women's basketball team (9-3) to a 99-19 victory over Rochester College (3-15) on Tuesday night at the Athletics Center O'Rena. The 80-point margin of victory marks the largest margin of victory for OU since the Grizzlies moved to Division I.

I thought they shouldn't have run up the score, but if you look at it OU points in the paint was 72.  They hardly shot any 3s and played everyone.

I meant to post last night about that Rochester College game.  Here's a post from the Oakland message board about that game:

"42-0 run. 99-19 victory. Wow."

I've kind of hijacked this thread, but here's an interesting post from the NDSU message board regarding the Oakland women:

Bison open up with the Oakland Grizzly. Grizz are 8-3 and their 3 losses are to ranked teams - Auburn, Georgia, and West Virginia (they stayed within 10 points of Georgia and Auburn) They also beat Florida State at home when Florida State was ranked #21. So this team is good.

They're also short. Oakland goes 5.6, 5.6, 5.8, 5.9, 5.11 across their starting five. The two players they have on their roster above 6 foot don't see much playing time. They're a scrappy team lead by Jessica Pike's 19 ppg.

Oakland has only played 3 games away from home this year. We'll find out how well travelled they are when they hit the BSA.

I didn't realize that they were playing such a short group.  Height is bound to help, but it just shows you don't have to have it in the women's game.

ORU's Summit League win over Centenary gave us only a one spot bump in the RPI.  I guess it's not THAT you win but WHO you beat that makes a difference in RPI.

of course we are interested in the women's RPI.

Thanks

I like following the women's team and would appreciate updates

as often as you can get them