Women's tournament postponed

MrsSmith

The women weren't able to play yesterday because of "floor conditions". You can read about it at orugoldeneagles.com.

I hope that they get to play today.

For 3 years our family went to Cancun for the Fun in the Sun Shootout. George used to have Scott Williams go down a week early and check things out.

Katrina & Rita were when? What amazes me is that knowing the way the stadium is constructed (several feet of open space between the roof and the stadium) was it just yesterday that they realized the floor had problems? I had heard they were redoing the floor before the tournament , but one of the years we were there it just rained and the fans had to help mop the floor before the game, Shouldn't someone have gone and checked things out to see if maybe they needed to move the tournament?

Mom, I was wondering the exact same thing. The hurricanes hit months ago now, and they're just finding out that the conditions are unplayable on the day of the tournament? You'd think a couple phone calls could've prevented any postponement.

The arena floor had standing water for several weeks after Hurricane Katrina hit the Mexico area early this year to cause the poor playing conditions.

The quote is from Mrs. Smith's link. I would think any wood soaked in water for several weeks would be destroyed. I can't imagine a piece of furniture being usable, let lone an entire floor soaked in water & sludge for several weeks.