2006 ORU Diamond Dinner on January 29th

ORUTerry

I avoided this thread cause I'm not a real big baseball fan period, but it was the only one left untouched so i decided to read it.

My $0.02: It is 1 Sunday night out of the year, people. It doesn't make you any less of a Christian if you miss it. You won't lose your salvation, and it doesn't mean you love God any less. You will be supporting a good cause. As ORU athletics continues to do well, so does the message that the school is based upon. There will probably be some heathens at the event also. You could help get them saved if you like.

Yes ORU understands that its target market for fan support is in the Christian community. Like Terry said, this wasn't done on purpose. Sometimes in marketing you have to take what you're given and just work with it.

My $0.02: It is 1 Sunday night out of the year, people. It doesn't make you any less of a Christian if you miss it. You won't lose your salvation, and it doesn't mean you love God any less. You will be supporting a good cause. As ORU athletics continues to do well, so does the message that the school is based upon. There will probably be some heathens at the event also. You could help get them saved if you like.

Well spoken.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard Goose Gossage on am1550 at lunch time; I stayed in my car for about 15 minutes to listen to Al Jerkins interview him. Al promoted the Diamond Dinner before having him on and spent the interview time asking Gossage what it was like to play for the Yankees and Billy Martin. (Al is a huge Yankees fan) They also discussed the fact that Goose has not been elected to the HOF; he seemed to be pretty upset about that - as well he should.

I was not able to hear the end of the interview to see if they mentioned his coming to Tulsa for the ORU Diamond Dinner on Jan. 31st. Gossage will have all kinds of stories to tell at the dinner....