Golden Eagles fall to Texas Southern - Tulsa World (12-2-2007)

ORUTerry

Golden Eagles fall to Texas Southern

By Staff Reports

12/2/2007

(excerpt)

HOUSTON -- The Oral Roberts women's basketball suffered their first loss of the season Saturday, losing 52-48 to Texas Southern on Saturday.

Junior Jenny Hardin led the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 13 points, seven of those from the free-throw line, while sophomore Janae Voelker finished with 10 points and eight rebounds.

Tulsa World Extra

Yes.... I listened to most of the second half and it was brutal. That is going to kill the 3-point shooting percentage. Hopefully, they got it all out of their system.

I thought the same thing, Terry - 0-23 is bad enough to effect the season average.  THat's a pretty amazing stat.

What gets me about it is that the girls were lights out from the arch in practice just a day or so before... and earlier in the week they just couldnt miss. Hopefully they get things worked out before tomorrow. BSU has a good gals team.

Interestingly, the Boise State arena (the Pavilion) was built in the early 80's, and the Mabee Center was used as one of the prototypes for the arena.  In fact, the first director of the Pavilion was Dexter King, an ORU grad who left his job as director of the Mabee Center to come to Boise.  I attended a reception for the team this evening - and told Jerry this story - and he told the girls that we had our own home court advantage tomorrow night.  If the threes fall, we've got a chance!