Bleed Into One - the story of Christian rock

ashVID

Awesome, Ash.  I'd love to see the whole thing.  When and how will it be made available?

It's interesting that my taste in music has gone from soft rock when I was younger to harder rock now that I'm getting gray.  A lot of those groups were popular when I was younger, but I just didn't care for their style of music - Larry Norman, Res Band and others.  I had to chuckle when one of the guys being interviewed said that they were asked to turn down their music - I was at a concert once where that happened (Mustard Seed Faith)!

Looks like a great documentary.

Good to see Cameron Strang (an ORU guy). Looks like a good survey of mainstream Christian Rock. Good work Ash! Some of the best music of the past 15 years has been "Christian"...

[*:374esknk]Mewithoutyou
    [*:374esknk]Jeremy Engik / Sunny Day Real Estate  (Most of the guys went on to play in Foo Fighters)
    [*:374esknk]David Bazan / Pedro the Lion
    [*:374esknk]Sufjan Stevens
    [*:374esknk]Danielson
    [*:374esknk]Halfhanded Cloud
    [*:374esknk]Starflyer 59

Most of those artists are / were more groundbreaking than any of their contemporaries. But somebody PLEASE stop Bono.

That's great - I'm looking forward to the whole thing - keep us informed.

Back in the day, hard rock was Petra.  It was an alternative to Alice Cooper for me in my teen years.  I love Christian music - I'm so thankful for it.

Very impressive, Ash! Very impressive! You should share more of your work with us..

Ditto to everyone's comments, Ash.  I appreciate your work.  Also watched the Hanson video that you did.  That's some pretty good work with the Tulsa skyline in the background and the use of the Arkansas River sandbars (but I didn't hear anything about that building fire!).  :-D  Seriously, you are obviously very talented.  Like VCB says, I hope that you'll share more of your work with us as it becomes available.  Back when I was a student at ORU, I got the honor of promoting concerts on campus, including Second Chapter of Acts, Amy Grant (her 1981 Live Album at the Mabee Center), Michele Pillar, Phil Keaggy, Larry Norman and others.  That whole scene was hoot back then, but we digress...

Now, if we can get you to move from the dark side and become more in line with all of us here on this board that are always right, you might make something of yourself!!  :-D

Good job, man (if I was younger I'd say dude)!

Good to see Cameron Strang (an ORU guy). Looks like a good survey of mainstream Christian Rock. Good work Ash! Some of the best music of the past 15 years has been "Christian"...

• [*:3kk9o1lo]Mewithoutyou
    [*:3kk9o1lo]Jeremy Engik / Sunny Day Real Estate  (Most of the guys went on to play in Foo Fighters)
    [*:3kk9o1lo]David Bazan / Pedro the Lion
    [*:3kk9o1lo]Sufjan Stevens
    [*:3kk9o1lo]Danielson
    [*:3kk9o1lo]Halfhanded Cloud
    [*:3kk9o1lo]Starflyer 59

Most of those artists are / were more groundbreaking than any of their contemporaries. But somebody PLEASE stop Bono.

I would add Ester Drang, who is from Broken Arrow actually, Half-Handed Cloud, and Soul-Junk to that list.

Not as good as the ones you listed, but definitely unique.