• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• ORUIsbig

• vcboy2000

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I hate to see it happen. I'd love to see him have three more years after this. But if he agrees to it, and Sutton feels he's needed, then so be it.

I agree with whoever it was that said they hope he continues to see significant play time after the injuries are healed. He'll deserve that consideration.

This is a mistake on Moses' part. What does it matter if ORU loses all the games (U La La; Ut St.; and OU) until the players get healthy? Right now, ORU has to win the MidCon Tournament to get an NCAA bid. Three more losses is not worth a whole season for Moses.

I prayed w/ moses earlier this year about him redshirting, and he felt this was what he needed to do to be successful, i feel this is a major mistake, but this could also prove to be a breakout 3 games for moses where can prove himself, otherwise this is trading three games for a whole year, at face value this seems rotten to the core.

I do and still have complete faith in the coaching staff, so we'll see how this plays off.

Moses is taking one for the team I believe. In my opinion JB and Chris will only miss the Laf La game.

That will bury Moses as the ninth man off the bench the rest of the year.

So to me it looks like Moses will give up his redshirt year for one game!

We don't know that Moses would be trading 3 game for the whole year so it's not fair to him to judge his decision on that statement. I think it's rather cavalier of him to place the needs of the team ahead of his own. This is very rare, something you don't see very often in sports today.

From the very beginning I personally thought that Moses could play over Riouse and Fowlkes, but the coaches wanted to give Riouse the nod because he was a senior, and Eric the nod because he could help back up JB at the point. Moses will get his, and like I posted earlier I hope when those get healthy that coach remembers his sacrifice and give him solid PT. He deserves it.

Guest EagleBackr

...try as I might to stay on the sidelines, some of you guys just keep pulling me back in! DOESN'T MOSES HAVE TO ACTUALLY ENTER A GAME BEFORE HE LOSES HIS REDSHIRT? Maybe he's just suiting up in case of an emergency? Better to have him suited up in reserve than unavailable in street clothes! And even if he DOES play, so what? He's needed!! Meloy is out for a MONTH!! His conditioning when he comes back will take even longer! This isn't some knee-jerk attempt to win a couple of non-conference games - this is called getting some valuable minutes NOW, because he's going to be needed clear into February! And, if he's gotten meaningful minutes by then and ends up helping us in March, something tells me we won't give a flyin' flip that he missed 8 non-conference games back in November and December. REDSHIRTS ARE A LUXURY FOR DEEP TEAMS - WE NEED FRESH HORSES FOR NOW AND DOWN THE STRETCH!!!

Guest Mount Baldy

Now we know why he's Eagle Backr - because he keeps coming back! The Backr is right. Why all this whining about Mo? It's not like we have to save him for the next three years. We'll have even more depth at that point. Mo is doing what's best for the team NOW. Enough of this old ORU thinking of "all we have to do is win the Mid-Con Tourney." At this point, EVERY game is imporant for Bracket Buster placement, RPI, recruiting, ticket sales, media coverage, and yes, even peace of mind - which Backer has now that's he's ended his exile. And by the way, Soylent Green is ..... people!

It's cheap to say it after the fact, but truth be told, I didn't really see from the beginning how we would successfully red-shirt 3 players that could all be playing for an entire year. Injuries are too much of a factor every year that it seems like you need an 11 man squad to make it through most seasons with a complete team all year.

Who knows, maybe Moses will come out like Josh Atkinson did making his first appearance after initially being red-shirted. I believe Josh's big game came against Tulsa...right? We need Moses to step up and make some similar big plays/shots.

Rob

I don't like it. I love the way coach "leaves it up to him." Giving a 19 that responsibility is no good. Coach should do what's best for the team not make it the kids responsibility. This way Coaches only have him to blame. Thats lack of leadership.

Backr's right (welcome back Backr) but Blue is more right. My hope is that Moses stays on the bench tomorrow night unless the situation becomes desperate, because any way you look at this, I believe it will lead to significant minutes for Moses in only a few games.

Short term effect is to benefit the team, but long term hurts Moses personally. IF the ultimate finish for the team is an NCAA tournament appearance, Moses will probably feel it was worth it.

What lacks of leadership and responsiblity is as a coach not to ask him to step up for the team. What is he supposed to do, knowingly let his team struggle when he has a perfectly capable player on the bench that can alieve the situation. As a coach that would be idiotic. We don't know how long our players will be gone, and even if they will be their old selves when they return.

I love the way coach "leaves it up to him."

Would u rather Sutton demand Moses to come out of his red-shirt?

I know it is not a game situation, but the coaches have said that Ehambe has been our best shooter in practice. One thing is for sure, if Moses gets into the game he will not be shy about shooting the ball. Let's hope he has worked on his defense. The kid is talented and will be a great player for ORU. He is also a nice young man.

Now that was about the most neutral post on this thread. Come on, Terry, stick your neck out. Tell us what you think!

I mean, Coach should say, "hey moses, we need you to come out, for the team." or "Moses, you should stay on the bench." But from what he said on the Coaches show, he "go's through the options and leaves it up to him to decide." If you are on the bench in a game on the road and you have "watched" all year long, you think he doesn't want to go in? Every day he sits on the bench in his dockers he wishes he could go in. Do whats best for the team. If they need him, take him out. lf hes a luxury, then do whats right and leave him on the bench.

I hope for Moses' sake that if he comes out of reshirt status that he'll get significantly more PT than he did last year. I mean, heck, would we have lost anything by redshirting him last year?

...try as I might to stay on the sidelines, some of you guys just keep pulling me back in! DOESN'T MOSES HAVE TO ACTUALLY ENTER A GAME BEFORE HE LOSES HIS REDSHIRT?

Well backr .....I think and I could be wrong, but, if you suit up and on the scorer book for a road game you lose the redshirt.

Play or Not.