Dr. C

orumom

Thanks for everything you have done with the message board, but I have to get onto you for an earlier statement you made.

Explain to me why you would think ORU will not be in the hunt for the conference title? Obviously we haven't played as well as we would have liked, but tell me what IUPUI, Oakland, UMKC or even Valpo have done? They have not done anything to be placed head and shoulders above ORU. We have the second best winning percentage in the league and have probably played the toughest schedule (out of the teams that actually play to win).

ORU has beaten everyone they should have beaten and lost to everyone that they were suppose to lose too. To be perfectly honest, I expected ORU to be .500 heading into conference. The thing is, there is nothing wrong with that expectation. Although I do think every game is winnable on our schedule. I think we'll go 13-3 or 12-4 in league play and win the Bracket Buster and the Mid-Con Tournament games. That would put us at about 23-9 or 22-10 heading into our first round game in the NCAA Tournament.

It is unfair to think that ORU wil have a 25 win season every year. Does anyone understand how many wins that was last season? Last year was a great year that unfortunately ended the wrong way.

I figured some people would jump off the band wagon at this point of the season, but everyone will be on board as we clinch the regular season title and head into the conference tournament as the #1 seed. You'll all be back and won't even remember the early struggles.

It looks like the coaching staff got someones attention with the shooting percentages the team posted today. I'd say the team responded nicely after a poor effort the other night.

A bad note is that the injury bug has got us pretty bad now. We could be without JB, Rouise and Meloy at Lafayette.

This post was just aimed at a few people on this board. Not the majority of people so don't take this as a personal attack.

Maybe we are going to actually see a team peak in Feb. and March instead of December.

I admit that predicting a middle of the pack finish in the Mid-Con was an overreaction. I simply had higher hopes for this team than just competing in league. The fact that we didn't play up to our talent level in the SUU, MU, or MSU games makes it even worse.

Those games were ALL winnable (except for the MSU meltdown) and could have helped the program. I do hope we see this team peak in Feb/March but the recent shooting against quality D1 opponents has been horrible.

I just think that some of the early non-conference losses should have been looked at as icing on the cake when the season is finally over. This team just needs to get better with every practice and game. Hopefully this team will get healthy and peak by tournament time. Will anyone care about the MSU loss if we make the Sweet 16? This team has not shown that it can make it that faryet, but we all know the potential is definately there. I hope we win every game the rest of the season but that is probably not realistic. I'll be happy with a split at Lafayette, Utah State, Oklahoma and Minnesota. It wouldn't be surprising if we went 1-3 or 3-1. This team will compete and have a chance to win all four games. I'm more worried about how our team plays and not W/L's.