Re: Rotnei Clarke

Gold*

Obviously, (though I never even mentioned ORU in this vein), both TU and Gonzaga have achieved more than the Golden Eagles over the past 20 years, though I would argue that ORU defeating Syracuse and Louisville to reach the Elite Eight in 1974, before losing in overtime in the Mabee Center to Kansas, was as great a singular achievement as anything the other two schools have done in their day.  But getting back on point, I still think what Gonzaga has accomplished the past ten years exceeds anything TU has ever done (no matter what a single, unknown ESPN blogger may feel), which is probably why RC has them so high on his list, while TU seems to be fading off his radar.

It wasn't a blogger.

I love how you show the chip on your shoulder again -- isn't he visiting TU?  I do my best to avoid any final conclusion when it comes to RC, but that was a lame shot on your part to try to salvage yourself.  Whatever, man.  Given your track record with predictions (like the time you mocked TU's signing day before they signed Uzoh, Walls, Jordan, and Hill), I'll put your prognostications in the recycling file.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• ManiacAlum

• ashVID

• Toby

TU get real would you want to play for this guy?

CoatThrow1.jpg

Wow!! Is there any way I can get that on a t-shirt?

This is one angry Wojcik

CoatThrow1.jpg

He looks like a serial killer here... I suspect someone Photoshopped out the Throwing Axe he had in his left hand and replaced it with that jacket.

CoatThrow1.jpg

If you had seen the refs that night, you'd understand.  If anything, that was one of Wojcik's better nights last year.  We won a game against a decent UCF team and it had a lot to do with a crowd -- he did a heck of a job getting them riled up.  He got the appropriate punishment -- a technical.  It was a folk hero moment.

Going to TU, Kentucky, OU, OSU, or even Gonzaga, you will be surrounded by the typical college "party" atmosphere that goes against what he believes in.  I think Rotnei is spiritually grounded, and like me, is not going to enjoy, or relate to that type of environment.  I could be wrong, but I suspect that what makes ORU unique and special is what will allow ORU to beat out the other choices.

Didn't a similar tangent get moved?  Lots of students and athletes at TU aren't wrapped up in that atmosphere; to wit, there are students and athletes at TU and ORU who ARE.  There are plenty of opportunities at TU to pursue your spiritual goals.

Didn't a similar tangent get moved?  Lots of students and athletes at TU aren't wrapped up in that atmosphere; to wit, there are students and athletes at TU and ORU who ARE.  There are plenty of opportunities at TU to pursue your spiritual goals.

Yeah, I gotta agree with Gold* on this one (on both accounts actually even though I'm no Wojcik fan).

If you had seen the refs that night, you'd understand.  If anything, that was one of Wojcik's better nights last year.  We won a game against a decent UCF team and it had a lot to do with a crowd -- he did a heck of a job getting them riled up.  He got the appropriate punishment -- a technical.  It was a folk hero moment.

And classy, I might add

And classy, I might add

Other than your conclusory and hollow attempt at a cheap shot, it's not different from some of the things that so many coaches who have been successful have done.  Bill Tubbs and Tubby Smith come to mind.  He didn't show up a player, he showed up a couple of jerk refs that didn't belong on the court.  If you think this is a big deal, you don't know much about basketball.

Well you certainly took me down a peg or two. Kinda the same way Wojcik did to that jacket.

I think the fact that TU has very little to zero chance of reaching the post season anytime soon is probably a bigger detriment than throwing a jacket. They aren't gonna win their league, and with their schedule 20+ wins doesn't mean anything just ask Barry Hinson.

I think the fact that TU has very little to zero chance of reaching the post season anytime soon is probably a bigger detriment than throwing a jacket. They aren't gonna win their league, and with their schedule 20+ wins doesn't mean anything just ask Barry Hinson.

We have a better chance than ORU this year. 8-)

Wouldn't write us off yet.  It doesn't mean much, but Jay Bilas picked us third in CUSA, which could get two or three bids this year.  We'll see.

Well you certainly took me down a peg or two. Kinda the same way Wojcik did to that jacket.

Like Wojcik, I really don't care what you think about "class" and I won't describe the glass house some of your fans and such live in.

Wouldn't write us off yet.  It doesn't mean much, but Jay Bilas picked us third in CUSA, which could get two or three bids this year.  We'll see.

I think Toby's point is that the Missouri Valley Conference has been getting at least four bids for the past few years, and Missouri State hasn't received one of them.

They've had the best RPI for a team that was left out a couple of times now...

You're right about one thing, it doesn't mean much. Three bids is pretty hilarious.

lol hey I already know we play in the Mid-Con, but Conference USA is the same league that it once was in name only. C-USA has had 1 at-large bid since TU joined the conference, as opposed to 6 teams making the tournament two years prior. Running middle-of-the-pack in a league with one great team (that has no business being there) and a bunch of also-rans doesn't mean anything.

We're just little 'ol Jesus State, you're supposedly a basketball school in a 'basketball conference'. Start acting like it  :lol: