Cooper gone from OSU; cites family- TW (9/8/07)

vcboy2000

Cooper gone from OSU; cites family

by: JIMMIE TRAMEL World Sports Writer

9/8/2007  5:07 AM

Excerpt:

Kenny Cooper is officially a former Oklahoma State basketball player, and that may leave the Cowboys with a hole in the middle.

Cooper, who likely would have been OSU's starting center next season, has left school and is no longer a member of the basketball program, according to coach Sean Sutton.

Link: Full Article

This game really isn't going to be any fun for Scott. Wasn't Kansas in a similar situation last year when we beat them? They played without their starting center, right?

I know Sean is hoping his 6'11 freshman and 6'11 walk-on center can really contribute. Shawn King should have a big advantage over those guys in experience. With Dove being their only true big threat down low, if we can use Yemi and Marchello to tie him up we might win the battle of the boards, and could very well end up winning the game. I really don't envy Scott right now. How do you go on a holiday tournament, to play against your brother who is already on the hot seat, and then try to beat him on NATIONAL TELEVISION????

This game really isn't going to be any fun for Scott. Wasn't Kansas in a similar situation last year when we beat them? They played without their starting center, right?

I know Sean is hoping his 6'11 freshman and 6'11 walk-on center can really contribute. Shawn King should have a big advantage over those guys in experience. With Dove being their only true big threat down low, if we can use Yemi and Marchello to tie him up we might win the battle of the boards, and could very well end up winning the game. I really don't envy Scott right now. How do you go on a holiday tournament, to play against your brother who is already on the hot seat, and then try to beat him on NATIONAL TELEVISION????

I actually think that OSU losing Cooper is a much bigger factor than Kansas playing without Kaun last year. Kaun makes bad passes, fouls, and doesn't move very well without the ball. Cooper on the other hand could have really helped OSU in the Big12.