Only ORU

tmh8286

Of Mid-Con men's basketball teams tonight only ORU isn't on the court.

• Chicago Stat vs. Mew Mexico St.
    IUPUI vs. Western Michigan
    Centenary vs. Stephen F. Austin (Ugh!)
    Oakland vs. St. Louis
    SUU vs. Utah
    Valpo vs. Charlotte
    WIU vs. Evansville
    UMKC vs. Northern Iowa

It will be interesting to see how the Mid-Con fares. At this time IUPUI has already lost to Western Michigan, 73-72.

Update-

• IUPUI 72, Western Michigan 73
    Valpo 80, Charlotte 77 (in a barn burner; I listened to the last 7 min., and it came down to the final shot)
    Oakland 59, St. Louis 66

So far we're one for three on the night.

Update-

Valpo 80, Charlotte 77 (in a barn burner; I listened to the last 7 min., and it came down to the final shot)
    Oakland 59, St. Louis 66

So far we're one for three on the night.

We left those imposters marooned in Milwaukee and brought the REAL Crusaders to Charlotte. :wink:

50 % from the field, 44.44% from 3, 12-12 from the FT line. Definitely not the team that laid an egg on Al McGuire court.

Oh, and Bobby Lutz is still crapweasel.

50 % from the field, 44.44% from 3, 12-12 from the FT line. Definitely not the team that laid an egg on Al McGuire court.

Last I heard from the broadcast, BOTH teams were shooting 50% with 2-3 minutes left. Hot hands at both ends of the court.

Update-

Valpo 80, Charlotte 77
    Oakland 59, St. Louis 66
    Chicago St. 63, New Mexico St. 78
    WIU 63, Evansville 70
    UMKC 64, Northern Iowa 87

1-5 so far.

Update-

Valpo 80, Charlotte 77
    Oakland 59, St. Louis 66
    Chicago St. 63, New Mexico St. 78
    WIU 63, Evansville 70
    UMKC 64, Northern Iowa 87
    Centenary 57, SFA 94 (Ouch!)
    SUU 53, Utah 69

1-7 final tally. The Mid-Con really is WEAK!

Last I heard from the broadcast, BOTH teams were shooting 50% with 2-3 minutes left. Hot hands at both ends of the court.

Alexander was unreal - 32 pts. They were 48.33% from field, 56.52% from 3, but only 6-11 (54.55%) from FT line

They had 5 more 3s, but we had one more 2 and 6 more FTs. 5-2-6 = -3

At halftime, VU had 4 fouls, Charlotte 6. Very loosely called game. 2nd half: VU 13, Charlotte 12, including offsetting technicals on Oppland and Nance. Never did hear what exactly caused the Ts.

God, I wish I had a video of the game. It would be one of the best items in my VU video collection. In the afternoon shootaround, Asst. Coach Matt Bowen said they ran lots of hard, physical, rebounding drills. We outrebounded a team that had so far averaged a 10-rebound advantage over their opponents this season.

1-7 final tally. The Mid-Con really is WEAK!

I may have been a little harsh in my assessment. To put the night in perspective, here are the Pomeroy rankings of Mid-Con opponents last night. I use his ranking because RPI is so inaccurate at this point in the season.

• Charlotte 159
    New Mexico St. 177
    W. Michigan 187
    SFA 129
    St. Louis 95
    Utah 81
    Evansville 178
    No. Iowa 43

Several of the Mid-Con losses last night were to pretty good teams. Still, it would have been nice if we could have picked up more than a single win on the evening.

Based on Pomeroy's rankings the Mid-Con is ranked 19th among conferences. I think it's noteworthy that CUSA is 16. For all the grief we catch about our poor conference, our rivals now find themselves in a scarcely better situation.