PGA / Mabee Center Parking

Toby

Is the University still renting out the Mabee parking lot during the PGA? I remember hearing that was the plan to pay for repaving.

Yes, they're renting the Mabee Center parking lot, the ORU grass fields and part of the CityPlex tower parking lots.  Don't know how much the University gets for the rental, but it's got to be a goodly amount.  Let's hope it doesn't rain to save the grass.

let it rain, 100degre plus  we need the cool down.  besides, if look around the average fee for parking in area is about $20 just think 20 times unteen thousand cars equals well enought ot take care of a lot grass and stuff. :-D

Yeah, but is the U making anything at all for the parking? I would HAVE to imagine they are. I just haven't heard anything. That money would be nice for a new Mabee marquee.

Yes, the University is being paid for using the grounds for parking.

You all might be interested in a comment RR made in a meeting on Friday.  He said that one day earlier in the week he was watching the Golf Channel from his office and saw an interview with the main man at Southern Hills (Nick Something-or-Other).  RR quoted Nick as saying, "We would not be having this event in Tulsa if it were not for Oral Roberts University."  Obviously, RR was very pleased to hear that comment.

Another great example of free publicity and goodwil for the school.  Priceless.

:-)

That would be Nick Sadorkis.  For a little perspective, his son, also named Nick, was a standout on last year's Jenks basketball team, and an early commitment and signing to the OSU Cowboys.  Time will tell if he's a Big 12 caliber player.