The Technical Foul

tmh8286

Has anyone else ever wondered if Scott Sutton was on a short leash regarding his court-side behavior from those above him? Consider the close control that is extended to the Maniacs.

The image of the University is important - those that represent the University need to exhibit behavior in keeping with the philosophy of ORU, i.e., their behavior needs to model the Christian values that we, and the ORU administration, hold dear.

Perhaps Scott has been told that it is not deemed acceptable by the powers that be that he purposely attempt to receive a technical foul. That certainly would explain some things.

Help me remember - has Scott EVER been T'd up as a head coach?

Yeah, I remember Scott getting T'd up last year, I'm pretty sure it was at home too, but I'm not positive. I think he was arguing with a ref, the ref told him to get off the floor, and he said "No."

If Rob Walton can go out on the field to argue a call and yell "That's bull****" where everyone in the stands can hear him, I'd think Scott should be able to get irate and draw a T without any repercussions.

I can guarantee you that is not why Scott doesn't flip out sometimes. Rob Walton and the baseball team do whatever they please and P-Rob is right there many times hearing it...

I would liked to have seen Sutton drop an F bomb in front of the Maniacs during the SMS game.

THAT would have gotten things going!

"Hey ref, What @$%* kind of call was that? Where did you come from? The ^%$* WAC? Get it right before Batman, Spiderman, and the Wonder Twins come flying out of the student section and chase you back to the safety of Karl Benson's house!"

I would have settled for him tearing his jacket off and throwing it on the court..... accompanied by wild gesticulations.