Thanks for Eaglebackr

rlh

Since he won't post on your board until the team gets more consistent (better), he has decided to bless us with his presence....please take him back...he has even less to say on our board than yours.....

AMEN! Eaglebackr is a quitter! KEEP HIM.

On the other hand I believe we will right the ship and finish strong!!!

I would like to believe that I am one of the best ORU fans, but I can't even come close to Conley Phipps' dad.

Phipps Sr. drives to every road game in his SUV. Even as bad as we have played he will still get in his SUV, travel to Northern Colorado then to Louisiana-Lafayette. The journey will have just begun as he heads to Utah St, & then back for OU..... then off to what I believe is the most challenging road trip for him and the team.

Let's take a peek at this trip. Conley will board his SUV, head off to Minnesota, then drive to Chicago for the Chicago St game and immediately head off to Southern Utah (driving all night to get there), and then home to end a 6 day road trip.

Folks, I say this because he has done this every year! Whether the team is playing good or bad he is there supporting Phipps Jr. and this team.

So when the team lets you down and you want give up on them for a while, I for one just want to thank Conley Phipps Sr for always being there and supporting the kids with encouragement.

Right, Blue! I never see game video of our bench that I don't see that familiar bearded face right behind our boys, regardless of where they are. I remember seeing him in the crowd at Indiana last year. Man.

He's rowdy, too! They had to seat a security guard next to him just to protect those endangered officials at Arkansas last year!

He's a person of great faithfulness to this team, and more importantly, to his son. I hope I can be half the dad to my boys that he is to his.

That is definitely devotion.... he must have an iron bottom. That is a lot of driving - and in Northern exposure (Colorado, Minnesota, etc.) with possible inclement weather.

Guest EagleBackr
AMEN! Eaglebackr is a quitter! KEEP HIM.

...I said I wasn't POSTING for a while - I never said I wasn't STILL hanging on every shot our guys and gals take! I just need a little R&R from this roller coaster, that's all. But now look what you've done - I gotta go pop another coupla nitro pills. THANKS A LOT!! :wink:

Guest Mount Baldy

Maybe Eagle Backer should hitch a ride with Mr. Phipps to Northern Colorado. Lots of scenery, good conversation, and hearty chili at assorted greasy spoons along the way. That's enough R&R to get you back on the board for good, you &*^! dirty ape.

yeah i remember mr phipps him and i were the only oru fans at colgate and i saw him last year at the maryland game gets quite animated!!