Rob may be right

tmh8286

Can't believe I said that, can you, buddy?

Maybe it's not such a good idea for these two teams, or more precisely these two coaches, to play each other. Last night I wondered if Scott's behavior during the game may have been tempered by the fact he was playing his old friend. Maybe he felt uncomfortable getting onto the refs too much when Barry was on the other bench or something.

Maybe the pressure that is brought to bear on both the teams and the coaches isn't worth the pleasure that it brings the fans. Actually, I can't say last night's game brought me much pleasure, but you get what I mean.

Maybe, now that the Bracket Buster forced a home and home, the best thing to do is drop the series, at least until there is a change of coaching staff at one school or the other. Emotions almost run too high surrounding these games at this point.

Guest Rob Marshall

Actually Tim, I think you and I probably agree about a lot more than we disagree but either way you're a great guy and have a very effective way of communicating differences of opinion. I appreciate that about you.

Now about the two playing, honestly no, Scott wasn't holding back because Barry was on the other bench last night. He didn't hold back last year in Springfield and Green said as much in his post-game comments after that game. In response to Mike Brown's question of why he played so well in the game Green replied, "I knew this one meant an awful lot to Coach Sutton and I didn't want to let him down." Scott and his staff (just like most ORU fans) wanted to beat Barry and beat him soundly. His frustrations with losing last night were quite apparent too in his post-game interviews as well.

But now that they've both experienced the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, let the series subside. Agreed.