Coach Sutton @ 3:30 with Plank on the Buzz

JoeyO

Coach Sutton is going to be on with Chris Plank and the Buzz today at 3:30. It seems like Plank is doing a good job of plugging ORU lately. He is doing a good job of giving equal coverage -- I'm a Plank fan. Check it out today at 3:30.

It must be the gift certificates he won to Fudruckers on Planks show last week 8)

The rest of us might night change our allegiance so easily.

It seems like Plank is doing a good job of plugging ORU lately. He is doing a good job of giving equal coverage -- I'm a Plank fan.

I'm slow but I get it now. Speak things that aren't as though they were?

Guest Rob Marshall

Doug Wojcik was on earlier and Mark Neely is coming up right around the corner, but no Scott Sutton. Will let you know what Mr. Neely has to say after he "hangs out" with Plank on "The Big Show." :wink:

I tuned in late and just missed the interview...fortunately, I was able to catch the tail end of a Fox Collision Center ad!

Fox Collision Center - For any make or model you've got!

Guest Rob Marshall

ORU shot poorly, but can't explain what happened last night in the first half. He's never seen Scott Sutton so despondent. Caleb's points came after the game was decided. He's not seen a second half like that in his two years covering the program. Sutton was NOT happy with the effort. Looked like a different team that the one that played Tulsa a few days ago (including Green's "perma-grin" from the Tulsa game wasn't there last night.

Talking about the Valley being a multi-bid league and the Mid Con certainly is NOT (only bid will go to the post-season tournament champ). Everything else for Mid Con teams doesn't mean a hill of beans unless they win three at the UMAC in March.

Ken's not taking bad shots, they just aren't falling for him right now.

There is a public perception that ORU's better than they really are. Unless they beat teams like MSU at the Mabee Center ... always the seed still planted in the minds of those involved with the program that they only really need to win three at the UMAC in March but it doesn't look like this team will win 25 games like last season.

Very few games he doesn't think Owens is the best athlete on the floor. Owens is becoming a better all-around player, and does he concede too much to other players (Tutt and Green). Even Mickey can make 16-17 foot mid-range jumpers. Owens disappears because he doesn't want to be selfish.

Things really fell apart in the second half for ORU. Plank says one loss to MSU, is no reason to say ORU was over-hyped (best team Hinson's ever had). Last year when ORU went to Springfield, Barry was feeling some heat. He still feels a little heat to get to the NCAA at MSU. The regular season means more to Valley teams like MSU because at-large bids are very possible for multiple teams from the MVC unlike the Mid Con.

Seven straight and eight of nine on the road coming up. Going to be difficult. First two are most winnable ... then the non-conference season ends at Minn after which they go direct to Chicago State then SUU. We'll find out a lot about this ORU team in the next 30 days.

Now they're talking professional baseball and I'm sure you don't want to hear/read about that. :wink:

PLANK JUST SAID THEY WERE UNABLE TO HOOK UP WITH SCOTT SUTTON BECAUSE (THE GOLDEN EAGLES) HAVE A LITTLE PRACTICE GOING ON THIS AFTERNOON.

Thanks Rob....

Very interesting comments about Owens. I have said the same thing for a while - the kid defers too much to the other players, specifically Tutt and Green.

Thanks Rob.

What we saw from Larry last night was more in line of what a lot of us have expected from him all along. If he could put together two halves like that, it would be an incredible game. It would be hard to lose if Larry was on.

A buddy said last night that the pep band needs to play the Larry Boy theme song from Vegi Tales to get Larry pumped up.