Love the Under dog!

ORU-sisko

NEW ORLEANS up 2-0 in the first inning, runners on the corners with no outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we would have advanced.  Now that we are gone, New Orleans is my team until this thing is done.

Got to love the mid-major dogs!

Since sisko hasn't updated in a while, I guess I will - UNO just took the lead 6-5, bottom of the fifth, one out, two on.  They're hanging tough.

Arizona just took the lead in the top of the eighth, 9-8.  UNO has their work cut out for them.  Can they pull off the miracle again tonight?

Arizona squeaks out the win, 9-8.  Arizona had sixteen hits, UNO had 12.

Too bad for the underdog!

We took the opportunity to go see this game since we were already here.  Our intentions were to see a few innings (because we thought that this game would be a real "yawner") and catch the second half of the NBA Playoffs back in the room.  The game was anything BUT boring.  UNO played extremely well and represented their university admirably.  We still left to see that last 5:00 of the Cavalier's victory, but not until Arizona had made it 9-8 and UNO had 3 outs left.  UA had their hands full with this bunch and it made us realize how lucky UA was to get past the first game. 

It will be tough for either WSU or UNO (whoever wins Sunday afternoon) to beat UA twice...and it's very possible that UA could be hosting UC Irvine for the Super Regional if Texas doesn't get on track!  Wouldn't it have been interesting to play UT on a grass field...?