What's the Deal With James Hale?

Old Titan

I can not for the life of me understand why James Hale of "OU Insider.com" is given 15 minutes of airtime every day at 10:45 a.m. on Geoff Haxton's talk show on The Sports Animal.

He must pay for it, because otherwise he's a joke.

For one thing, he doesn't seem to know Geoff's name, or at least if he does, he refuses to use it.

Every morning, Geoff says, "Good morning, James, how are you doing today?"

And every morning, James replies, "I'm fine, it's good to be on with you guys", or "I'm doing great, what's up with you guys?", or something to that effect.

What "guys"??

IT'S ONE GUY - HIS NAME IS GEOFF!

I can only imagine that if he DOES know Geoff's name, he's apparently only seen it in print and is afraid of mispronouncing it.

Or maybe it's because he went to OU and bleeds Crimson & Cream, and he resents Geoff's OSU and ORU ties.

But there was really no excuse for today's exchange:

GEOFF:  "Good morning, James how are you?"

JAMES:  "Uh, good morning - I guess you're up in Wichita today, huh?"

GEOFF:  "That's right, James, getting ready for a little NCAA Regional action, with two All-Americans getting ready to take the mound today."

JAMES:  "Really?  Well, yeah, that's great.  You know, I really like your guy, and of course, Wichita State always has good pitching, so..."

GEOFF:  "Uh, James, ORU drew Arizona in the first game today."

JAMES:  "Oh, right - wow, I must be brain dead.  But I still really like your guy - doesn't he bat third in the lineup, too?"

(I'm really not sure what Geoff said in reply, because by now I'm beating on my car steering wheel and screaming at my radio for them to turn James' microphone off, but then I hear...)

JAMES:  "Well, I really like your guy.  I know he's going to go high in the draft.  If you guys can just score some runs today, I like your chances.  What's this guy's name pitching for Arizona?"

*sigh* 

Now it's clear why this guy calls himself the "OU Insider" - because his head is so far up his rear.

Maybe he should just stick to OU women's softball - he seems to be an expert on THAT topic! :roll:

I know for a fact that James doesn't know Geoff's name although he's met him in person.  However, James knows Bob Stoops' jock size.

I know for a fact that James doesn't know Geoff's name although he's met him in person.  However, James knows Bob Stoops' jock size.

That's kind of what I figured.

I can't STAND it when a person only bothers to remember the names of those they think can provide something they want, like a favor - or money.  :x

How does a guy like that get in the position he has? I can understand having allegiences, but not the total ignorance of anything not OU. It is something endemic to Sooner shills though. (i.e. Dean Blevins)