Where is ORU Mom?

JoeyO

I'm still trying to figure out what happened last night. The first half looked good, but without Larry Owens it wouldn't have. The second half there was no swagger, no confidence & we flat out blew it. As has been said on other threads, I have no idea why we would end a game like this with unused time outs. It wasn't like the score was so close that we might need them for the last minute of the game.

On a positive note, during the pregame meal a booster that had inoperable cancer talked about a player praying with him and his receiving a report from his dr that his cancer is gone. In the whole scheme of things, 10 years from now, what will matter more, the player's actions on the court or off of the court? This was just one game, but a man's life was changed.

It was wonderful to have the Stearns family with us last night.

Looking at the stats, I'd rather see less of Tutt & Yemi and more of Chelo. When we realized we weren't coming back last night, at least we could have let him get more game time experience.

Like some of the rest of you I don't understand why when we can't get the layups we think we can get the 3's with no one in position for a rebound. 3's will not rebound under the net.....but that was geometry that no one ever thought they would need.

Thank you for the update on the gentleman with cancer. That is really neat to hear. You are right that something like that brings good perspective to basketball and life. Good to hear from you -- good assessment.