Expectations

EasyTELGuy

Mine just went way down!

Everyone's already chimed in on the coaching last night - no timeouts, no screens/set plays, no mid-game change up about getting the ball to Riouse, & Owens. No back door screens for Larry to drive and dish or lay the ball in. Talk about coaching a poor game! No 2nd half adjustments. No time outs to stop the hemorraging!

Others chimed in on the horrific shooting by Tutt & Bluitt. I'll comment that Bluitt is shooting the ball more to try and step up and be a leader to hit shots. With Tutt shooting terribly, Bluitt has simply attempted to hit shots - for whatever reason, his looks are not going in.

In my opinion, our guys have a confidence issue re: shooting the basketball - that's the reason they're not shooting well. With exception to Larry, Chris R., and Mickey, there's just no zest & confidence there!

But again, where's the coaching! Where's the timeouts?

At the present time, I have really low expectations going forward for our club. We will win our share of games, of course, but I just can't have high expectations given what I've seen thus far. Hopefully, our coaches and players both will be able to make the adjustments and prove us all wrong!

Good post ETG. I agree with you. Disappointment is born of expectation and mine has been WAY too high this year.

I loved the Scott Sutton I saw against TU. He was all over the sidelines, getting in the ref's grills, laying into his players -- it was great. I thought he was a new man. I guess not. I can only watch so many folded arms on one bench and heads in hands. It gets sickening. Just once I would like to see him get a technical.