Watch Party Info

ORUTerry

The watch party on Memorial Day, May 28, will be in the Grand Slam Room at ORU J. L. Johnson Baseball Stadium on the ORU campus, at 11:00 a.m.  The ESPN Selection Show to announce the Regional teams, sites, and game days, will begin at 11:30 a.m.

The Coaches Radio Call-in Show with ORU Associate Athletic Director Scott Higgins interviewing Head Coach Rob Walton, will be at Wings to Go on Riverside at 6:00 p.m., Memorial Day.  If unable to attend, listen live on 1430 KTBZ AM.

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

Man, I'm confused.

I received a mass e-mail on the 22nd that went to all Golden Eagle Club members saying the watch party was at 11:30 a.m. Monday.

Two days later, I got a similar e-mail apologizing for mistakes in the first e-mail and saying that the watch party was now at 2:00 p.m. Monday.

But, there's Terry's post above saying 11:30 a.m., and the following official link that also says 12:30 Eastern time, which would be 11:30 local time.

2007  NCAA Baseball Championship

So, is it REALLY 11:30 a.m.?? 

Why the second e-mail saying 2:00 p.m.?  :?

There should have been another e-mail that corrected the 2 p.m. announcement.  The watch party will begin at 11 a.m. on Monday in the Grand Slam Room.

I can explain the story as to why the time was changed a couple times.  It was reported to me that the selection show starts at 11:30 a.m.  The conference office told us we were wrong, and that it was at 2 p.m.  They turned around and corrected themselves almost immediately, but we already sent out an e-mail.  So it was always at 11:30 a.m.  The party begins at 11 a.m.

I hope that all of you get the opportunity to spend some time with the baseball team tomorrow.

PARTY STARTS AT 11 A.M.

SHOW STARTS AT 11:30 A.M.

There should have been another e-mail that corrected the 2 p.m. announcement.  The watch party will begin at 11 a.m. on Monday in the Grand Slam Room.

I can explain the story as to why the time was changed a couple times.  It was reported to me that the selection show starts at 11:30 a.m.  The conference office told us we were wrong, and that it was at 2 p.m.  They turned around and corrected themselves almost immediately, but we alright sent out an e-mail.  So it was always at 11:30 a.m.  The party begins at 11 a.m.

I hope that all of you get the opportunity to spend some time with the baseball team tomorrow.

PARTY STARTS AT 11 A.M.

SHOW STARTS AT 11:30 A.M.

I've talked to two other club members:  I'm not sure the third e-mail with the 11:00 a.m. time ever got sent.

Any way to get one out to all club members with the correct time?

I can confirm what OT is saying - the most recent notice I have states that the party starts at 2:00 and the show at 2:15.

I made a phone call, but no promises on getting another e-mail sent.  There will not be anything in the paper about it.  ORU's internet was down on Friday, so that is why a corrected e-mail was not sent out.  I've been told we will try to send an e-mail out tomorrow morning.  There's a limited amount of space obviously, and I think there is some fear that there won't be enough room.

I made a phone call, but no promises on getting another e-mail sent.  There will not be anything in the paper about it.  ORU's internet was down on Friday, so that is why a corrected e-mail was not sent out.  I've been told we will try to send an e-mail out tomorrow morning.  There's a limited amount of space obviously, and I think there is some fear that there won't be enough room.

I hate to make too big a deal out of this, but do we REALLY want to run the risk of a Champions Club member and his kid(s) showing up at 2:00 p.m. to rub elbows with the team, only to find the doors locked? :oops:

I hate to make too big a deal out of this, but do we REALLY want to run the risk of a Champions Club member and his kid(s) showing up at 2:00 p.m. to rub elbows with the team, only to find the doors locked? :oops:

I agree... it just happened to be bad timing with the holiday weekend.  Nothing I can do, and it's not my decision.  I can help you guys with tickets, but that is about it.