Thursday's Game

mickeyb

Thank you Teddy Saenz!  Back-to-back errors by the Centenary 3B lead to back-to-back homers by Younger and Duffy for a 4-0 lead.

Jake K. and Chad Rothford just went yard, 7-0 with four dingers in the second inning.

We need to score about 30 runs this game to send a message that the Summit League NEVER needs to host a tournament championship in that little-league "stadium" in Macomb...

Funny stat:  because the two errors should have ended the inning, ALL 7 runs are unearned.  So their pitcher is clearly getting bombed, but still has a 0.00 ERA for the game.

What do you think about 'pulling' Chapman and saving him for another game? With a 7 run lead, we could pitch someone else and still have Chapman in reserve.

I got the video stream working, but missed the big bottom of the second because I was working.  But ORU has the Live Stats working, so you can follow along if you want.

I like the idea of pulling Chapman - we're going to score at least 15 today, and it would be nice to have him available in the unlikely event we have to play more than 3 games.  But I doubt Rob will do it - he seems to prefer to keep things as scheduled.  And I certainly wouldn't second-guess him either way.

Fullenchek was the CC ace.  With ORU blowing him out, they're going well down their list with Bross, who has an ERA over 6.0.

As long as Chapman is cruising he'll pitch at least six innings ... you don't want to use too much of your bullpen on day one, either.

I got the video stream working, but missed the big bottom of the second because I was working.

.....because I was working? ???  TMH??  Working??  I didn't realize that was in your vocabulary!!  :-D  :evil:  :wink:

I don't believe it TMH!  I saw you at the office the other day, and I'm not sure I would call that working.  You were walking around and talking to people, but I'm not sure if that's actually work.  I called it work the other day, but I've changed my mind.

I'll have to ask Ethan whether you were working this morning or not....

This is becoming a total rout.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  Actually, it's the way we SHOULD start the tournament.  Making a statement.

20-0 and 22 hits!!!  Those are numbers I dream about for my slow pitch softball team.  That's crazy in baseball.  You might have trouble scoring 14 runs in 2 innings against your own batting practice pitcher.

You think our guys were trying to send a message? A 20 to 0 beat down of the Gents is a strong statement.