Late start expected today....

Geoff Haxton

It's WIU's senior day.  They are honoring the seniors before the game.  We'll get it cranked up at around 12:15.

Making this post obviously means I will have internet access today.  I was told that would not be the case.  They were wrong.  I'm on.

Beautiful day.  Light winds, blue skies, moderate temps.

Hax

Good guys win 11 - 3 and sweep WIU.  A 37-15 record and top-50 RPI ranking going into the last-ever Mid-Continent Conference Baseball Tournament.  A sweep of the Tournament gets ORU another 40-win season!

ORU made easy work of the Leathernecks today.  You can't help but wonder how much the loss in the first game yesterday hurt them mentally.  They had ORU right where they wanted them, tie score bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, good hitter at the plate that had been seeing success all day, all they need is a base hit to score a run.  But it's two outs and the count works to two strikes.  Crichton lets her fly, and Cooper Stewart goes down swinging.  then in the top of the tenth it's all Eagles, and hope for winning the series vanishes.  You have to wonder it they didn't carry the discouragement from that loss into games three and four, which the Eagles won decisively. 

Looking for Tournament Championship number ten next week, Baby!!!

Big series sweep - which does as much to increase our confidence as deflate our opponents hope for the Tourney.  If the Eagles claim the tourney title, we will enter the NCAA tourney with 40 wins, which should be good enough for a #3 seed.  We will see!