Good guys sweep

tmh8286

I didn't get to go to the game today, or even listen, but it looks like ORU won in a 3-2 squeaker over Centenary.  Until today, ORU had been dominating.  ORU had already scored nine runs by the bottom of the second inning in the second game yesterday.  May have been a little bit of a motivational problem today  - who knows?  We've seemed to struggle a little bit in the final game of these four game series - remember, our only home loss this season, and our only conference loss, was in the fourth game against Valpo.  Why is that?  Are we letting our guard down a bit after dominating the previous three games, struggling to get motivated, or what? 

Anyway, congrats to the team, and especially congrats to the graduating seniors.  You guys have shown us some great times, some exciting wins, and some memorable moments.  Best wishes to all of you!

The Mrs. and I (along with our boys) got a chance to spend Mother's Day at the ballpark (I'm so lucky to have a wife that likes sports!!).  :-D  We were out there with tbone77 and his wife and saw a great game.  Our bats were very minimal today, thanks in part to their pitcher keeping his pitches down and our continually trying to overhit the ball (swinging at bad pitches or overswinging and getting underneath the pitch for a popup).  Geneau (sp?) hit his first home run of the season at just the right time (bottom of the eighth with one on).  I felt badly for the CC pitcher (but not too badly) as he had done a good job of keeping us off-balance.  Today's game was really the first time that I had seen any life in the Centenary team.

Ashman gave up a two run homer to allow CC a 2-1 lead.  Tackett pitched well for an inning or two, but Crighton is becoming a stud out of the bullpen to close people down.  I hope that he is not pitching too much and his arm gets tired during Tournament time.

It was a great Senior celebration and we will miss most of those guys as they have contributed significantly to the success of the program the last 2 - 3 years.  I didn't realize how much of a California connection we had on the team until they went through the list of seniors from the West Coast.  We have a lot of JC coaches watching our back and giving us a heads up on some good players out there.