A couple of cool numbers

tmh8286

For the series between ORU and MSU:

ORU 23

MSU  8

For the series between ORU and WSU:

ORU  7

WSU 3

I think ORU's record against the Shockers is actually better than that; I think we have beaten them several times in NCAA Regionals - which I don't think is reflected in those numbers.

Okay, Terry, I TRIED to paint the rosiest picture possible, but if you want all the dirt, here it is (from the ORU PR before the last ORU/WSU matchup):

The Series: ORU vs. WSU

ORU and Wichita State have met on the diamond 42 times with the Shockers leading the overall series, 24-18. Under the guidance of head coach Rob Walton, the Golden Eagles are 2-1 against WSU in games played at Wichita. ORU has had WSU?s number as of late winning seven of the last 10 matchups.

Speaking of numbers, in looking at ORU's Mid-Con stats, two numbers jump off the page.  Through Friday's Centenary game (in 13 Mid-Con/Summit games), ORU batters have been hit by pitch 33 times.  Conversely, ORU pitchers have hit 5 opponent batters.  33 HBP is nearly three per game - and 6 times ORU's rate.  To me, this clearly defines how awful Mid-Con/Summit pitching is for every team outside of ORU.... and as any baseball purist will tell you - baseball is ALL about good pitching.