Missouri State Game Observations.....

ORUTerry

I hear what you are saying, tmh, but you have to remember I like to try to separate my personal preferences and see it from an impartial view as well. It's easier for me to do because I'm not a devout ORU fan, yet. :) Thinking of it that way, it still looked like ORU was getting the short end of the stick. :roll:

BasPlayr, even though it APPEARS that my post was in response to your post, I was actually responding to TNMSUFAN:

Concerning fouls they were 18-18 for the game and at one point in the 2nd half before you guys started fouling to make us shoot freethrows we had 8 team fouls vs 3 for ORU. Even with the fouling down the stretch ORU shot 17 freethrows vs 14 for the Bears

I'm TRYING to be more objective about officiating. I've complained about it a TON in the past, and don't want to take on the appearance of a whiner. Complain too much about officiating and that's how it might appear to others.

I'm glad you pointed out that you aren't an ORU fan, or at least not first and formost, and have a more unbiased view of the game. I started to make that point myself for any MSU fans that happened by, but figured that it might be too confusing to reference a poster from several posts previous. I was really glad to get your perspective, because I value it and believe that you tell it like you see it. What you said about the officiating was how I felt, but didn't want to say.

I don't fault the MSU kid (if you watched it on TV then you saw it for what it was... a low class move) just like I don't fault Bluitt for hitting the three on UIPUI. If you don't wanna get clowned: STOP THEM.

The only person I blame is Sutton... seems like he may have been caught up in "what a great guy Barry is" to even call a time out or even have the team run a set play. We rolled over.

BTW, nice move.... instead of holding the ball with 11 seconds to go, MSU goes for a score.... classy.

No excuse for that. I know several of the players though and they were very upset at the loss last year and kind of let their emotions get away from them.

Please don't hold a blind eye though, Ahearn got mugged many times with no call as well. The officiating, for me anyway, was bad on both sides.

One play in particular, Bilyeu tried to tackle your guy and got a held ball out of it. Not a good call at all. Of course Green flopped against Easley and got that call so it goes both ways IMO.

Good luck the rest of the season.