ORU's recruit pursuit heats up /Finkbeiner's staying -TW (4/27/07)

vcboy2000

Who the heck is Greg Swaim? Never heard of him; is the guy that lives in Stillwater?

I agree that Clarke probably has no idea where he is going to end up; BUT it does not hurt to have his dad on the staff!

KU i think gave him a take it or leave offer and he is not ready to commit right now.

You're showing your Texas roots there, DJ :-D!  He's an Oklahoma recruiting guru.  He's got a web site you can check out here and a recruiting message board here.  You have to subscribe to get access to a lot of his stuff, but not the message board.

Greg Swaim is not thought too highly of by some because he tends to be an OSU homer.  I don't really mind him, but he's not very knowledgeable about ORU, I've found in the past.  I think he just doesn't have close connections with our coaching staff.

C'mon, guys. Djenkins knows everything!

If he's never heard of Swaim then the guy must not be that important as far as our coaches are concerned. (not meant to taken sarcasticly at all).

If he hasn't heard of Swaim, it could be because Greg is primarily a legend in his own mind..... or  djenkins, if you are Swaim in disguise, I sincerely apologize.

Swaim is a big dork.  He used to advertise his product on TU board, but is probably one of the all-time villians over there along with Nathan Doudney's mom, Dave Sittler, and Buzz Peterson.  His last great proclamation I can remember was that Seneca Collins was going to be a superstar at TU.

The good thing was that one could argue his frequent and annoying rants about recruiting encouraged some TU fans to learn about it on their own and start the great pay part of the board we now have.  He quit showing up when he realized no one would buy his product.

He's one of the bad guys out there. He runs a camp/tournament for players to get recognized and then a pay site for fans to read about the kids that paid to play at his games.  And of course, it's all about ranking players who sign with OSU.

Gold, there are times I couldn't agree with you more. If we weren't fans of cross town rivals our families would probably be friends  8-)  I'm not sure if GS is too dumb though, because HE DOES GET people to pay to go to his camps and to read his site. 

Here's to a weekend of baseball at ORU...our last time to play Valpo at another sport.  Go Eagles!!

All I remember about Swaim was that he said something along the lines of "Caleb Green is a good fit for ORU, but wouldn't be a star at any of the other Oklahoma schools".

OK, folks, let me log in on two points. One, the hiring of Mr. Clark (Rotnei's father) is a very positive thing. This is a quality family from what I've read and seen. They conduct themselves so well that Mr. Clark alone would be a great credit to the school.  Secondly, if Rotnei does sign with ORU, his waiting does nothing but help ORU's publicity as his name will keep popping up on the sports media. Whatever the young man decides to do, he's got his head on straight and I'm going to cheer for him wherever he goes, but especially if he's at ORU. We'll have to make some more trips up from Dallas to Tulsa with our alumni fan contingency down here. GO EAGLES!

I went to a wedding shower yesterday and people who only attend an ORU game every year or 2 were saying if ORU get's Roetni that their husbands plan to get the family season tickets.  They mentioned their husbands saying Roetni could be the next Mark Price.  Another few months of media hype and IF Roetni chooses ORU it will be a fun ride.

I'll still miss Caleb & his smile.