ORU versus OSU Game Cancelled Tonight

ORUTerry

According to Cris Belvin, ORU Assistant Athletic Director/Director of Media Relations, tonight's baseball game, ORU vs. OSU in Stillwater, has been cancelled due to inclement weather.

The next opportunity to see the Golden Eagles play will be this weekend at home in J. L. Johnson Stadium, for a Mid-Con series vs. Valparaiso on  Friday, April 27, at 7:00 pm, Saturday, April 28, for a doubleheader at 2:00 pm, and Sunday, April 29, at noon.

GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

I hate losing games due to weather - especially ones with higher level competition.  I'm quite confident that this game and the KU game will NOT be rescheduled.

This means that we will need to win 16 of the remaining 17 games in our regular season (assuming no rainouts), AND sweep the Mid-Con tourney in order to finish with 40 wins heading to the NCAA, which seems to be comparable to the "20 win" benchmark in a basketball season.  It's still possible, but difficult to assume only one loss (and no weather-related losses) the rest of the way, especially with a road trip (and the conference tourney) in Macomb.

I believe there is a minimum game requirement in order to qualify for the NCAA Tournament.  My understanding is that we are about three or so games short.  Our coaches have been working hard to pick-up some games, but nobody has been able to help us out.  In a perfect world you would like to play a solid top D1 team or a non-D1 school.  You don't really want to play a bad D1 because it would have a major impact on our non-conference strength of schedule.  I don't know when you hit the panic button, but I'd imagine we are getting pretty close to it.  Maybe we have to try to play a Monday non-conference game with some of the Mid-Con teams.  It just sounds like we don't have very many options.

I've heard there is a possibility of us playing OSU on Wednesday, but I doubt it.