Sullivan pitches incredible game at WSU

Old Titan

Simply one of the best pitching outings in ORU history - and by a freshman!

? 9 inning shutout against the 11th-ranked team in the country, at their place, on a wet, chilly night.

? 4 hits allowed (all singles)

? No walks.

? 6 strikeouts.

? Just 107 pitches in nine innings - with 76 strikes!

? Only baserunner after the 5th inning was hit by a pitch.

? Only two Shockers ever reached 3-ball counts.

Sullivan was one of the hottest pitching prospects in the nation before having to go through "Tommy John" surgery over a year ago.  He had only pitched 12 innings for ORU before tonight.  Sounds like he's rounding into form nicely!

He probably would have been a late first round draft pick if he were healthy.  We will really see him take off next season.  His velocity isn't up to what it was in high school, but it is getting close.  He will be a great one for us.  Might take the mound against OSU next week. 

Simply one of the best pitching outings in ORU history - and by a freshman!

? 9 inning shutout against the 11th-ranked team in the country, at their place, on a wet, chilly night.

? 4 hits allowed (all singles)

? No walks.

? 6 strikeouts.

? Just 107 pitches in nine innings - with 76 strikes!

? Only baserunner after the 5th inning was hit by a pitch.

? Only two Shockers ever reached 3-ball counts.

Sullivan was one of the hottest pitching prospects in the nation before having to go through "Tommy John" surgery over a year ago.  He had only pitched 12 innings for ORU before tonight.  Sounds like he's rounding into form nicely!

In addition to the incredible outing last night, OT, I'll point out that Sullivan got the win when WSU played at ORU a couple of weeks ago, allowing only one hit and one walk in 4.2 innings pitched.  It's looking like Sullivan has Wichita State's number.  I'm looking forward to Geoff's radio show this AM to see what he's got to say about the game.

The Shockers beat the Jayhawks tonight, 2-1.  That makes last night's win all the sweeter.

I would think that beating KU is bigger than beating us; however, I'm sure none of the bigger schools around here like losing to some small Bible school.  :-D