Missouri Predictions

EagleFanatic

From last years game i would think we would win in the ball park of 15 points. But from what ive seen from theyre stats and heard about from you guys, im going to have to geuss... 73-71 ORU.

They're offense is explosive from my limited knowledge. They're not going to go into the Mabee and score their average of 95 points but I see ORU needing to step up their defense AND offense to keep up with them. High scoring game and Green continues the dominance we saw at TU. 83-81 Eagles.

From last years game i would think we would win in the ball park of 15 points. But from what ive seen from theyre stats and heard about from you guys, im going to have to geuss... 73-71 ORU.

It would be very very hard for me to believe the Bears are going to get beat by 15 points. The Bears offense is explosive. At one point against Arkansas St they scored something like 41 points in a 9 minute span.

This is not at all the same team that was dismantled by ORU last year. Not to mention the fact that perhaps our best all-around player (Tyler Chaney) did not play in that game.

My prediction, Bears by 7.

All depends on how Tutt, Bluitt, and Riouse are shooting. Mickey and Caleb will get theirs. Missouri State hasn't played a decent team yet so the stats and rankings are meaningless.

ORU by 5-7

Just because we destroyed them doesn't mean they arent good. Northern Illinois has some nice wins since gettting it handed to them in Springfield.

Yes, Green will get his. We have no answer for him. However, our guards will get theirs. Our transition game is lethal.

Good luck.

The key will ORU's defensive effort and intensity. We have not played a team as capable and uptempo as Missouri State; our players have got to get back on defense and we need to control the tempo of the game. The Bears work off screens (especially Ahern) so our guys are going to have to fight through the screens or make good switches. Should be a good game and a nice learning experience.

It would be very very hard for me to believe the Bears are going to get beat by 15 points. The Bears offense is explosive. At one point against Arkansas St they scored something like 41 points in a 9 minute span.

This is not at all the same team that was dismantled by ORU last year. Not to mention the fact that perhaps our best all-around player (Tyler Chaney) did not play in that game.

My prediction, Bears by 7.

BearChief if you read all of my post, my final prediction was 73-71.

pick you posion...wanna stop ahearn..fine we will go to either Chaney, Deke, Nathan, Dale(off the bench), Easley(off the bench)...going to be a good game...sure wish that i could make the trip...but the way we are playing right now i dont think anyone will be able to stop us...if you guys manage to...ill be back to give kudos...til then...Bears by 12+

I agree with Terry. ORU must play consistant on defense and especially control the transition game. Bluitt may be the key to ORU's game by his ability to penetrate and dish when the defense collapses as well as putting good pressure on their guard. Ahern will get points, but hopefully ORU can hold him well below his average. If Riouse is on he adds another dimension off the bench as well.

I see a close and exciting game, but the Blue( which happens to be my favorite color) win, but very close 81-78.

I'm still golden, but tonight I'm a Golden Eagle!!

ORU needs to put together a whole game, something that has truly been lacking all year. We play great in the first half, then get relaxed and sloppy in the second. Ken Tutt needs to have a game. He played marginal in Alaska, and it really hurt to not have those three's. Bluitt needs to calm down when he has the ball. Too many turnovers in transition and too many turnovers when he tries to drive. Caleb is a haus and will find a way to score, so MSU will have their hands full with him. Hopefully they'll try to double down on him in the post so as to leave one of our guards open. Michalec is playing real well right now, but can be streaky at time with his jumper. Owens is an athletic monster, but ORU really needs his offensive production tonight. My final prediction, ORU by 5.

As was pointed out on another thread, 90% is in the team's head & the other half is talent.

There is no reason for ORU coaches, players and fans not to be confident tonight.

Where is that confidence? I want to see a confident swagger, smiles & a WIN!! THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!

Well said, mom. If we come out with the confidence that we had in the TU game, then play that way, we win tonight. Protect the HOME COURT!

Tony Mejia's predictions are up at Sportsline.com, and he has us winning 83-79. A good sign since he's at about 75% for the year (of course, there are a lot of easy games in there).

If you play the odds, our chances are even better than 75% since they have Valpo beating Marquette at home. That should be one on the 25% side of the ledger, don't you think? :lol:

This is going to be a FUN game. Both teams will PUSH the rock. Lots of 3's.

Home court and home announcer make the difference. ORU 89 - SMS/MSU/Barry's Bears - 86.

Tutt goes for 34 points, including game clinching 3 pointer in final :30 seconds.

I predict that I will unfortunately not be able to attend the game since driving up the Turner Turnpike right now does not seem like a good idea.

Will this game be televised on tape delay in Tulsa?

Oh yeah. ORU 79, MSU 74.