ORU wins 2 of 3 this weekend

MrsSmith

Wow if you didn't go to the game this afternoon you missed it!!  Great weather, great game.  Eagles win 3-2.

Guest Rob Marshall

Wow if you didn't go to the game this afternoon you missed it!!  Great weather, great game.  Eagles win 3-2.

Oh, I thought you were talking about my son's soccer game!  They won 5-4 (instead of 3-2), but the weather was still fabulous!  :-D

Bethune-Cookman is a very solid team.  Good pitching, excellent defense, great coaching.  They gave ORU all they could handle all weekend long.  Those not listening to the game might not have heard from GP that the last time ORU lost at home was against the middle game against Bethune-Cookman LAST YEAR!  Twenty three home game winning streak ended this weekend by the same team that handed us our last home loss!

You're right, TMH.  BC, although not a household name, was a very good ballclub from Florida.  The majority of their team came from Puerto Rico and a lot of them played at the Puerto Rico Baseball Academy and High School.  Just like Little League, it's hard to tell how old the players are because you don't get accurate birth certificates from the hospitals on the island (not saying that these guys weren't college students, but they could have been much older than our 18 - 22 year olds). 

Regardless, BC provided us with a very good test this weekend, and it was good to see us get a couple from them.  It's hard to believe that they are a 13 - 20 ball club, but they may have played some hard "guarantee" games as part of their won-loss results.

Tuesday should be another fun game.  Since Chapman came in for the last four outs, it will be interesting to see who starts against WSU.

Geoff said he's scheduled to start Tuesday.  I don't know if that will change with his play in today's game or not.

Geoff said he's scheduled to start Tuesday.  I don't know if that will change with his play in today's game or not.

If he pitched less than 25 pitches today, he should be fine to start on Tuesday.  I just don't know that he's going to pitch another 149 pitches against Wichita State!!  :lol:

Is Marcus Tackett hurt?  I wondered why he isn't pitching.

It was good to see Ashman have a good outing yesterday.

Is Marcus Tackett hurt?  I wondered why he isn't pitching.

It was good to see Ashman have a good outing yesterday.

Markus Tackett played dh in the first game, and came in as a pinch hitter in the second.  When he came up to bat in the second game I believe I remember GP saying something along the lines of, "They're still trying to figure out where Marcus Tackett fits into this lineup - whether it's as a pitcher, or an outfielder, or what.  Today he's coming in as a pinch hitter." 

So I don't believe he's injured, they're just not sure where they want to play him - or at least that's what I remember Geoff saying.