Lady Golden Eagles v. Wichita State

Bogus Smith

The Lady Golden Eagles put on a huge defensive display tonight in dominating Wichita State 81 - 49. What an entertaining game to watch tonight!! Jerry has got a nice group of ladies to rotate in and out of the line up. He was playing two teams of five that were playing pressing defense for three minutes. No one got winded and they made the Lady Shockers turn the ball over 43 TIMES!! The team played with a high level of energy on both sides of the ball.

If you haven't considered making a trip across town to the TU game on Saturday at 3:00 in the RenCen, take the time to go. If the same Lady Golden Eagles team that played tonight, shows up Saturday afternoon, it will be a very enjoyable game for the visitors.

The student section was going wild for that game, I have never seen so many students show up for a women's game, it really hyped the game up and the eagles did not let the crowd down one bit.

I think ORU ran up the score on WSU because of Whitney Rice and Kiki Stephens. They are local players and ORU probably recruited them. They snubbed ORU to go to WSU, so ORU wanted to show them what they missed out on. Rice did not score a point, and Stephens had 10. Just my guess. The press was still on with 5 minutes to go in the game and ORU up by 30 something. WSU fans chanted "We Got Homered", displeased with the officiating. I would have been displeased with my teams 49 TURNOVERS.