Kampe

orumom

This isn't about Kampe, the Mid-Con, or basketball, so I may catch it from the purists, but mentioning Kampe made me think of the UMAC. They announced a few minutes ago that Bill Blankenship, head football coach at Union High School, home of the UMAC, has stepped down, just two days after winning his third State 6A Championship. What a shocker! At least to locals.

Living in the Union School District I really didn't see that one coming. It will be a big loss. Maybe Steve S will take over & make it a little less painful & Blankenship be the AD? Or with his son playing arena football maybe a career change?

According to the report he will be pursuing college coaching opportunities. He will stay on as AD until his successor is chosen.

This is even more of a tangent. Let's see if it is fun or not!

I just watched the last few minutes of the YSU - Oakland Women's game on the YSU website, and the YSU gymnasium made me think of the UMAC, though the UMAC is probably bigger. But it had the same kind of seat configuration, except only on 3 sides. In other words, it looks like a high school gym.