Baseball broadcasts back

Geoff Haxton

on track.  We'll have all three games v. Cal on the air this Thursday thru Saturday on am 1300 KAKC and the net.  Looking forward to hitting the road with baseball again.  Now that hoops has come and gone, we'll have all the bases covered.  Thanks.  Hax.

Hax, great to have the baseball broadcasts back on the air.  It will be nice to have a regular broadcast schedule for the team.  Although, I'm sure all of us would sacrifice the games being on the air if the men or women basketball teams were still playing, the consolation of being able to play "high-octane" college baseball is comforting.  Make sure to bring back three wins for us, will ya'?  :-)

BTW, is there any chance that you are able to do instant messaging during the broadcasts like was done a couple of years ago?  It was interesting to hear about who was listening to the broadcasts and some of the questions that were being asked on the fly.  Just wondering if that capability exists or not.  Good luck with the broadcasts!!

on track.  We'll have all three games v. Cal on the air this Thursday thru Saturday on am 1300 KAKC and the net.  Looking forward to hitting the road with baseball again.  Now that hoops has come and gone, we'll have all the bases covered.  Thanks.  Hax.

:-D Great pun there, Geoff!  I'm with Bogus - would love to be able to email you during games - that was always a lot of fun with DG and Blevins.

Haxton told me at the Mid-Con Tournament that he is working on getting a computer (laptop) and the other technical requirements worked out. It is close .... I think. Is there anything we can do to help Geoff?

Good to hear from you all.  Yes, that pun was intended TMH  8-)

We are trying to purchase a laptop.  I hope this happens soon. 

This is one of those things that has been talked about for a while.  I know how much you fans and the parents enjoy the instant messaging.  We'll get it done.  Again, hopefully very soon.

I've tried to make the baseball broadcasts all about the players and coaches.  That's why you hear from them throughout the broadcast, talking about game situations and saying hello to those listening back at home.  The players and coaches are some of the hardest working individuals I know.

Thanks for listening.

Hax     

Any chance we could hear both of them in the booth together? Is the booth big enough?

Blevins, you know I prefer Braxton to Claxton.  C'mon, get it right.  Actually, when it comes to my name, anything goes.  Like the dry cleaning lady who took my clothes from me before the Mid-Con tourny.  I said, "the name is Haxton, H-A-X."  She responded in a confused manner and said "Paxton?" 

Like I've always said, it doesn't matter as long as I get to do games, oh and host a show on the Sports Animal  :wink:

By the way, Blevins has had a few opportunites to come back to the booth.  He's always been a bit too busy though.

Hax

Got it.  Tony Braxton.  Great baseball name.  Kind of like Carter McQuigg.

I'm sure Blevins is too busy to come back in the booth with you, Brax.  It's a big job keeping up with all those Baseball Bingo cards!